My First Pillow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My First Pillow

So, I made a pillow. I'm super proud of it and it was so fun to make. Hope you enjoy it too!

0530111910a_01.jpg0530111910_01.jpg0530111909_01.jpg0530111911_01.jpg

My wonderful hubby was nice enough to take pictures for me. He does a much better job than I do.
    Come by and see what I'm up to on my blog...
    Summer Lee Quilts

Re: My First Pillow

Super,super pretty SummerK. I love it. Great job..

Comment

What a great job! Making pillows is a great way to try out a quilt block pattern. What a wonderful job you've done. When will your quilt be finished?
      Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
      it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

Ooooh - that's pretty!

Hugs,
        http://www.flickr.com/photos/quiltsbytrish
        http://quiltdreaming.blogspot.com
        http://pinterest.com/TrishLapp

What if you woke up today and the only things you had were the things you thanked God for yesterday? :icon_hug:quilting trish

Comment

Love, love, love it!. I saw that tut just last week but didn't have the guts. You really nailed it. Beautiful!!!
          ;)Nancy

I got a sewing machine for my husband. Good trade, huh!?!

Comment

That is just gorgeous! May I ask if you followed the tut mentioned above - and if so, where can I find it? I saw a baby blanket made with that design but it was at a shop and they wouldn't give the pattern name unless you signed up for a class!

Comment

Cute~ great job! I need to make some pillows...........hmmmmmmmm. Will have to add this to the list!

Comment

Love your Cathedral Window pillow SummerK! It is fresh and modern using those fabrics. I did one by hand along time ago, a pillow size also, but don't know whatever became of it. You're beautiful pillow has inspired me to try another. Good photography of it also!
                Patti
                "Like" me on Facebook @ Sweet Cherry Quilting to help spread the love of all things crafty and quilted!

Comment

really really nice. So you tried the Cathedral Window. it is fun, isn't it? Anyway your pillow is very nice.
                  sigpicgreetings from the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg

Michèle

Comment

First, thank you for all the kind words!

Sandy Navas

What a great job! Making pillows is a great way to try out a quilt block pattern. What a wonderful job you've done. When will your quilt be finished?
                    Oh Sandy, which quilt? There are so many! But really, I don't fancy making a full cathedral window quilt, not yet anyway. That's why I thought the pillow would be perfect, so I could get it out of my system.

tamsterg7

That is just gorgeous! May I ask if you followed the tut mentioned above - and if so, where can I find it? I saw a baby blanket made with that design but it was at a shop and they wouldn't give the pattern name unless you signed up for a class!
                    I did follow the tutorial, you can find it here: http://www.modabakeshop.com/2011/04/...w-pillows.html

I used a 14" pillow form instead of a 20", so I left the borders off and it was just the right size.

patticakes

Love your Cathedral Window pillow SummerK! It is fresh and modern using those fabrics. I did one by hand along time ago, a pillow size also, but don't know whatever became of it. You're beautiful pillow has inspired me to try another. Good photography of it also!
                    Thank you! I can't wait to see yours!

mamaquilt

really really nice. So you tried the Cathedral Window. it is fun, isn't it? Anyway your pillow is very nice.
                    Yes, it was so much fun. I highly recommend making one to anyone who hasn't.
                    Come by and see what I'm up to on my blog...
                    Summer Lee Quilts

Comment

Summer l love this great job its so pretty
                      Last edited by Lisaau; May 31, 2011, 07:10 AM.
                      "DO NOT CRITICIZE UNTIL YOU HAVE WALKED A MILE IN MY SHOES."
                      :icon_heh::icon_wave::

Comment

I am going to give this a try.
                        JVO

Comment

Lovely! one of my favorite patterns.
                          “What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world, is and remains immortal.”

― Albert Pine

Comment

oh beautiful and great photography!
                            Patrice

Comment

Thank you for sharing the link to the tut! I love your pillow and will book mark that site for future reference.
                              When life throws you scraps, make a quilt! :icon_bigsmile:

Comment

Working...
                              X