Christmas presents - all done!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Christmas presents - all done!

This year I decided to do something really special and share my new found love of quilting and sewing with my family so I've made some presents. The toys have worked out MUCH cheaper than buying them in a shop which is perfect because we've set a family spending limit on presents this year. They are just over 2 fat quarters each.

This is Quack Quack and Bunny. They're are for my 18 month old twin nieces, one of which only says "Quack Quack" all the time. "What noise does a pig make Alice?" "Quack Quack". They still need faces but apart from that they're all done.

[attachment=0:2er15dbe]Quack Quack and Bunny (small).jpg[/attachment:2er15dbe]
    Then I made this quilt for my Father and Step-mother. Their spare room is entirely Navy and White so I designed this to go over the end of the bed. I couldn't really afford to make a full size quilt for their double so this is twin(ish) size.

[attachment=1:2er15dbe]Barbara's quilt (small).jpg[/attachment:2er15dbe]
    [attachment=2:2er15dbe]Barbara's quilt (close up).jpg[/attachment:2er15dbe]
    I also saved some money by using a bed sheet for the back. Since it's decorative and only going to be used occasionally I don't think anyone will notice.

[attachment=3:2er15dbe]Barbara's quilt (back).jpg[/attachment:2er15dbe]
    Now back to the sewing machine ...
    Quilting through the dull times
    northstarquilting.blogspot.com

Re: Christmas presents - all done!

jr,, hey gina here. wow these look great. isn't fun to finish projects. what a great rush...i love the quilting and the bunny bell, and goose puff dolls are great... way to go... who are they for.. Great work...
    all the best Gina from Mpls
    all the best
    Gina

Comment

WOW!!! That quilt is so nice! I love the color combo and the pattern. Great job!!

Comment

Oh - your nieces will love those! And I love the quilt - haven't seen that pattern before and I really like it. That's just the right size to keep their feet all nice and toasty!

Hugs,
        quilting trish
        http://www.flickr.com/photos/quiltsbytrish
        http://quiltdreaming.blogspot.com
        http://pinterest.com/TrishLapp

What if you woke up today and the only things you had were the things you thanked God for yesterday? :icon_hug:quilting trish

Comment

Love the gifts you made.

Comment

Looks great! I love the quilt.

Comment

great job!! I'm sure they will be treasured gifts....
              Michele

Comment

The dolls are really cute, but I LOVE that quilt!! Really like the color combo and the design!!!
                Susan

Comment

Really nice quilt! What is the pattern? The dolls are very cute
                  http://dottyjanedesigns.blogspot.com/

Comment

I kind of made the pattern up. It was really easy and I think it looks like there is a lot more work in it than there actually is. I knew the quilt was going to be navy and white (because they are the only colours in the spare room) and when I found the fabrics I just fell in love with them. The pattern grew from there. I'll type up some instructions and put them in the tutorial section.

Comment

Everything looks wonderful, fantastic job on the quilt! How cool that you made up the design!
                      There's still time to change the road you're on - Led Zeppelin, "Stairway to Heaven"

Comment

A tutorial would be great! It's a very interesting looking pattern
                        http://dottyjanedesigns.blogspot.com/

Comment

I've posted a tutorial in the how-to section. Hope you can understand it

Comment

Originally posted by jrchapman
                            I've posted a tutorial in the how-to section. Hope you can understand it

Thanks!
                            Michele

Comment

Working...
                            X