Dresden Plate . . . .what to do !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dresden Plate . . . .what to do !

This is as far as I got on this quilt top. I'm kind of building as I go so it's definately a "work in progress". I think I'm going to use a solid green border next. This top kind of got pushed by the wayside when I started working six days a week. LOL!

It still needs leaves and "maybe" some grass at the base of the flowers.
    Linda L Maurer, Peach Bottom, PA

http://gardenquilting.blogspot.com/

Only a Quilter has a welcome mat at the door to her home and an
    "Enter at Your Own Risk" sign on the door of her sewing room (by Tom and Madge Powis)

Re: Dresden Plate . . . .what to do !

Very pretty. Linda, you are doing a great job on the build as you go aspect. Can't wait to see it finished.
    Hola from sunny Mexico, Cheryl:icon_wave:

Comment

Very nice, I like the yellows and blues, that is my fav!!
      JVO

Comment

Really pretty! Can't wait to see it when it's done. Nice job!
        There's still time to change the road you're on - Led Zeppelin, "Stairway to Heaven"

Comment

very nice!
          Patrice

Comment

Love the colors.....very springy or summery. I work this way.......just building as I go. .....generally turns out fine. I think I would put a thin border of yellow then the green.......just my opinion. Looks good!

Comment

I just love this quilt. How original for the dresden plate! Truly special.
              Susan

Comment

Love it! I like the green border. Perfect. Thanks for sharing.
                ;)Nancy

I got a sewing machine for my husband. Good trade, huh!?!

Comment

Very cute...can't wait to see it with the leaves and grass. Would be cute to add something to the center of the flowers if you had a mind to embellish it further. Love those colors!
                  Patti
                  "Like" me on Facebook @ Sweet Cherry Quilting to help spread the love of all things crafty and quilted!

Comment

Hmmmm....I'll have to see if I have some yellow. .... originally, I thought that a border of the prints might do it but yellow is a good idea. I'm kind of at a stand still until I do the blocks for the Patriotic Swap.

"Enter at Your Own Risk" sign on the door of her sewing room (by Tom and Madge Powis)

Comment

Thank you everyone for your suggestions. I went to Joann's for more fabric for the Patriotic Star Swap and found a yellow that will go very well and also a green that is even better than the one of the photo. I also picked up some buttons for the flower center. One large button and a couple smaller ones. I'll embroider something from the large button to the smaller ones. I've got an idea in my head anyway. LOL!

Swap first though unless I grab some extra time somewhere or it rains and I can't be outside.

Comment

Working...
                      X