• tortugaquilter
    replied
    Re: FMQ WITH Blue Dot Bobbin Case - Janome 8200

Very nice!

Leave a comment:

• sewlucky
    replied

Thanks Denise! I ordered up my SewSlip...

Leave a comment:

• DeniseSm
    replied

You are doing great. Pretty consistent stitch size.

Leave a comment:

• sewlucky
    replied

fliggie - see my comparison post. I haven't quilted a big project with my new 8200, but had similar results to the yellow pics above with my Brother - pulled lower tension on the back side, especially around curves, but even on the straighter lines. It was like the lower thread is sitting above the fabric - not really a stitch at all.

I'm pretty pleased with my $24 blue dot bobbin case!

Terri

Leave a comment:

• fliggie
    replied

I have an 8900 and I'm anxious to get to the quilting part of my current project to try to blue dot case. Have you had any problems, in general, with skipped stitches? What you have there looks very nice!

Leave a comment:

• sewlucky
    replied

Here's a comparison with Red Dot Bobbin Case (the standard that comes with the machine). There's a definite difference in tension on the back, with exactly the same settings as above. Clearly I need more practice, but I will definitely be using the Blue Dot bobbin case.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• sewlucky
    started a topic FMQ WITH Blue Dot Bobbin Case - Janome 8200

FMQ WITH Blue Dot Bobbin Case - Janome 8200

Hi!
    Just decided to give my Blue Dot Bobbin Case a go on my new 8200 to see what it looks like. I set the machine to Janome recommendations for Free Motion Quilting (1). Mode 1: 4S, Auto thread tension, convertible free motion quilting foot QB-S attached, Foot Pressure 5 with Feed Dogs lowered. I have regular Gutterman Cotton thread in the machine.

I am pretty darned pleased with the results as I don't think the front or back is readily obvious from the photos! There is no specific fancy pattern here, and I'm stitching at about half speed. Definitely planning to get a Sew Slip or Supreme Slider and make sure my chair is pushed in properly!

Blue Dot Bobbin 2.jpgBlue Dot Bobbin Front.jpg
Working...
X