Patriotic Star for block swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Patriotic Star for block swap

Here is my block for the patriotic block swap...couldn't get it to load to the groups.
    Mimi Pat
    Attached Files
    LIVE well, LAUGH often, LOVE much

Hugs, Pat

Re: Patriotic Star for block swap

NICE!!!!

I need to get to cuttin' and sewin'!
    ~Mary
    As ye sew, so shall ye rip.

Comment

Really nice. I've just had a moment when I decided that I HATE triangles. I tried them the old fashioned way, then Jenny's way and I still hate them. Then something happened to my machine. At this point, I pushed it all away and went outside to mow the grass.....................I still hate triangles and it's hard to make a star with out triangles. LOL!.
      Linda L Maurer, Peach Bottom, PA

http://gardenquilting.blogspot.com/

Only a Quilter has a welcome mat at the door to her home and an
      "Enter at Your Own Risk" sign on the door of her sewing room (by Tom and Madge Powis)

Comment

Mimi Pat---cute! I wish I had time to do this swap! So happy and fun! Enjoy for us both!

Comment

Linda since I learned to sew the triangles before cutting the block I don't mind making them. SuzyQue, wish you could join us too, but since you can't I will keep you in mind.

Hugs, Pat

Comment

Love your block! Despite your not likeing triangles, you did a great job.
            Susan

Comment

I "finally" got my machine working. It was a tension thing. The thing I don't know is if the tension will stay where I reset it. I'll know when I go back upstairs. It's too hot to be outside today.

"Enter at Your Own Risk" sign on the door of her sewing room (by Tom and Madge Powis)

Comment

Originally posted by Mimis-quilts View Post
                Here is my block for the patriotic block swap...couldn't get it to load to the groups.
                Mimi Pat

Wow... very cool block!
                You know you've had too much coffee when you can thread a sewing machine while it's running.

The Adventures of the Empress of the Universe... or how I learned to quilt on the internet!

Comment

I realy likey your star block. almost chose that pattern myself but wimped out and am doing a friendship star instead. Bought some of the fabric this weekend but I wanted a white background print for the outer parts and they didn't have any. they had a really pretty one but it was the beigy antique white look. I think they said they didn't want that; just true red, white and blue. Your's is great. Can't wait to see others.
                  ;)Nancy

I got a sewing machine for my husband. Good trade, huh!?!

Comment

Thanks Nancy...can't wait to see all the others too!

Hugs, Pat

Comment

Very pretty. It looks complicated. You done a perfect job.

Comment

Where is the pattern (grid) for this block?

Comment

Love ing it - these are going be wonderful and FUN! make them as red / white / blue as possible!! these are meant to be busy and fun and maybe even a bit crazy! The more print the better on these swap blocks i would even change the sashing to a RED print yankee doodle dandy!!
                          Last edited by pdjewelrylady; June 1, 2011, 10:43 AM.
                          Two of my favorite things, to encourage and to be encouraged
                          hugs, Suzi
                          http://suzi.mypremierdesigns.com/
                          it's what i do when i'm not here sewing with you

GOD Bless America

Comment

Awesome block, Mimi! As a matter of fact, it is so pretty it makes me scared to try the swap! Too much of a newbie

Comment

OMG, I went to Joann's for more fabric and not only are they out of the blue star but they are out of the white also. So, I got a very similiar white and a blue that is like the red. I "might" have enough blue star fabric if I do the border with the blue solid. That's what I get for living in the boonies. LOL!. It will work, I just have to be frugal and no more errors cutting. LOL!

Comment

Working...
                              X