Survived the storm Wednesday night!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Survived the storm Wednesday night!!

Hello all my quilting buddies. I haven't been on here since wednesday afternoon and I was going into withdrawls. Ha ha. We had quite a bit of damage from Wednesday night storms and we just got our power back today Me and Holly rode it out in the Storm shelter. We had straight line winds upward of 80-120 miles an hour which knocked down this huge(we're talking at least 150 year old oak) tree which in turn snapped off 2 electric poles laying the power lines in the front of the house and the back porch.Geess I thought we weren't gonna be able to get in the house.It also took out the chicken house roof and the back of another shed and tore up our dog kennel. No damage to the house or garage thank god. Me and Holly are fine but let me tell you it was VERY SCARY!!!!! Has anyone head from our friends in MO?????
    Glad to be back on.Hugs to all.
    Rhonda
    Attached Files

Re: Survived the storm Wednesday night!!

Oh Rhonda...... so glad you are safe.... you and your daughter. This has been such a horrible group of storms all over the world. Thanks for letting us know.
    ~~ Hugs and Blessings,
    Mia

...quilters come with strings attached
    (boy aint that the darn truth !!)

Comment

Rhonda---so glad you are safe (and of course Holly, too!) So glad that tree didn't land on your house or cars! I have so been where you are...........several times! It is not fun, but you do count your blessings that all are safe! Lots of destruction all around. What a year of wild weather! Couldn't help but notice those shorts! BRRRRRR!!!! It is freezing cold here!

Comment

Glad you're both OK. the weather has been wild here all week, too.
        “What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world, is and remains immortal.”

― Albert Pine

Comment

Thanks you for checking in. It sure did sound scarey. We are so glad you guys are okay along with your home.

Hugs,
          http://www.flickr.com/photos/quiltsbytrish
          http://quiltdreaming.blogspot.com
          http://pinterest.com/TrishLapp

What if you woke up today and the only things you had were the things you thanked God for yesterday? :icon_hug:quilting trish

Comment

Rhonda, so glad you weathered the storm, it sure does sound terrifying. I'm so glad you and yours are okay.
            There's still time to change the road you're on - Led Zeppelin, "Stairway to Heaven"

Comment

The damage in the pictures really shows the power of these storms. Very scary indeed.. Glad you and your daughter are safe.

Comment

Glad you and daughter are safe. The weather sure has been horrible across the states. Keep safe and glad your back.
                Susan

Comment

So glad you all are okay! Those pictures are incredible! What a blessing that big ol' tree didn't land on you or your house!!!!!
                  Goodbye Europe! Hello California! Home sweet home.

Comment

So happy to see you and yours are alright, with just the damage to fix and no one hurt!!! These storms have jumped all around us this year but Ijust keep praying that they continue to do so in the future too. It means a lot of sleepless nights for sure. And thank goodness you have a storm celler!!! Stay safe and know we all look for you every day! Glad you're back , we've all missed you.

Comment

Hugs of relief to you and Holly, Rhonda. We have been thinking of you all. It must have been so terrifying.

Mary B.

Comment

So glad you are all ok with no damage to your home. Thinking of you all.

Comment

So glad your safe!
                          Patrice

Comment

Wow! That is a hugh tree! So glad you are safe!
                            Shirley :icon_bigsmile:

Comment

Originally posted by RFREE View Post
                              Hello all my quilting buddies. I haven't been on here since wednesday afternoon and I was going into withdrawls. Ha ha. We had quite a bit of damage from Wednesday night storms and we just got our power back today Me and Holly rode it out in the Storm shelter. We had straight line winds upward of 80-120 miles an hour which knocked down this huge(we're talking at least 150 year old oak) tree which in turn snapped off 2 electric poles laying the power lines in the front of the house and the back porch.Geess I thought we weren't gonna be able to get in the house.It also took out the chicken house roof and the back of another shed and tore up our dog kennel. No damage to the house or garage thank god. Me and Holly are fine but let me tell you it was VERY SCARY!!!!! Has anyone head from our friends in MO?????
                              Glad to be back on.Hugs to all.
                              Rhonda
                              I'm so glad you made it through the storm safely... must have been terrifying!
                              You know you've had too much coffee when you can thread a sewing machine while it's running.

The Adventures of the Empress of the Universe... or how I learned to quilt on the internet!

Comment

Working...
                              X