staggered birds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

staggered birds

well, i remember why i do not like tiny pieces...i am obviously a large square gal.

in the end, i think it's OK......but i did get sick of making these blocks. pattern called for placing blocks next to each other, that was just too "scrambly" to me so i added the small sashing.

then my blocks didnt align.....so i staggered them. i do like the light lime binding though, sets it off nicely. a bit narrow (only 37 in) but i will find a skinny to gift.

since i am new, i want to make make make.....i have gifted several already, but some i just make for the fun of making. i joined a quilt guild and we are encouraged to make donation quilts....so i am creating a pile (small now) so i can start donating....

seems almost too much fun. i do love the process for the most part. i am getting pretty good at ripping things apart too.
    Attached Files
    Pam

visit my blog for cards and quilting pictures
    http://www.mugsycreates.blogspot.com

Re: staggered birds

Beautiful spring quilt! I love the purple.
    Katie's Quilting Corner - Blog, Podcast and More!
    Don't miss Free Pattern Friday posts!
    Pinterest

Comment

I really like it. Good idea to off set the blocks.
      JVO

Comment

What a beautiful quilt! Thanks for sharing - and I share your frustrations right back at you - same here!!
        Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
        it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

Great job, like the squares off set and love the colors you chose.

Comment

This is so pretty! I love the way the blocks are staggered. I've never done that...will have to keep it in mind for a future project.
            When life throws you scraps, make a quilt! :icon_bigsmile:

Comment

Love it. Very springy. Love the colors and the staggered blocks. Good job!
              ;)Nancy

I got a sewing machine for my husband. Good trade, huh!?!

Comment

I really like the sashing between the blocks...thats really a neat idea! Great quilt....wish I was a "skinny"...I'd love to have it!! LOL
                ~Mary
                As ye sew, so shall ye rip.

Comment

Pretty! I like the way you staggered the blocks. i thnk it makes a more interestng design.
                  “What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world, is and remains immortal.”

― Albert Pine

Comment

I love the way you kept saying " so then I . . ." and kept adapting whenever things weren't working out. That's how new patterns are made, I'm sure!
                    It looks wonderful - I love how you staggered the blocks and used the skinny binding. It is beautiful.

Hugs,
                    http://www.flickr.com/photos/quiltsbytrish
                    http://quiltdreaming.blogspot.com
                    http://pinterest.com/TrishLapp

What if you woke up today and the only things you had were the things you thanked God for yesterday? :icon_hug:quilting trish

Comment

Beautiful and not just because it is in my favorite colors. Pam, you are a very resourceful quilter and quite ingenious!!!

Comment

So pretty and springy. I like it a lot.
                        Elaine:icon_wave:

Comment

Came out beautiful despite your not liking the small blocks. The lime green does look good and definitely adds to the quilt.
                          Susan

Comment

It turned out great! I love how you took your creativity to the next level and made something pleasing to your eye. That's the sign of a true quilter!
                            Patti
                            "Like" me on Facebook @ Sweet Cherry Quilting to help spread the love of all things crafty and quilted!

Comment

You did a great job! Love the colors you used, especially the lime green binding.
                              Shelia

Comment

Working...
                              X