Quilts for my Grandchildren

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quilts for my Grandchildren

Some recent quilts I have been working on, the first is for my 2 year old Granddaughter who moved from the cot into a big girl bed. This one has been sent to London now.
    The second was for my Grandson's 3rd birthday. I asked for advice on sashing/borders for this one, thanks to those who replied.
    My other Granddaughter has put in an order for a quilt for her 6th birthday in August. In the meantime I have just finished 2 dolly sized quilt tops for her. I embroidered the red butterfly centre (her request) on my new Bernina, I am quite pleased with it. The other is for her toy monkey, had to be blue and green as he is a boy lol.
    I won't be quilting these this weekend as the Bernina is now jamming thread, the second time this has happened and I can't fix it myself despite rethreading everything, cleaning out around the bobbin and feed dogs and replacing the needle. Another week in the shop, sigh.

Thanks for looking.
    Attached Files
    ​Robyn

Re: Quilts for my Grandchildren

So fun! What a beautiful job you did on all of these!

Comment

They're all great quilts but I totally love that second one. The red and green..well, all the colours. Just fabulous. The dogs are pretty cute too, lol.
      I'm not a complete idiot.....some pieces are missing!
      Lorraine

Comment

Those are adorable! I really love the second one.
        Beth

Procrastinate. It frees up time to quilt!

Comment

Very Nice. The kids will love them! I made a quilt for each of mine. I loved and enjoyed making them! They will be used for a good long time..and saved for "later" too!
          Cheri

www.fabricandmemories.blogspot.com

Comment

Great Job on all of them. Isn't making quilts for grandchildren so much fun!

Comment

All beautiful - and the pups are just adorable.
              Donna

Comment

They are all great quilts. You have done a great job on them.

Comment

They are so prety, my favorite is the blue and green one. I really like how those colors work together. They will all be loved.
                  Karen
                  Life is short - Live everyday to the fullest

Comment

Working...
                  X