Dresden Purse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dresden Purse

This is from Jenny's tutorial. I was so excited after work last night went out and bought fabric and got cutting and sewing right away. I love it. Showed my Mom and she put in an immediately request for one for her birthday lol. Hope the pic works its my first try at posting one, the inside is actually pink though it doesn't look like it in the pic. I added a zipper which was interesting but for a first try at a purse I thought it went pretty smooth.image.jpgimage.jpg

Diane

Re: Dresden Purse

That turned out great! Any hints on how you did the zipper?
    sigpicMiss Sheri

For me, it's all about Love, . . . Always!

Comment

Great job, I would like a lesson on how to put in a zipper also.

Comment

Oh....I'm going to have to break down and make one or ten of those!
        pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

Very cute and I'm impressed you added a zipper.
          Goodbye Europe! Hello California! Home sweet home.

Comment

Very nice!
            🌺 Lorie

Comment

Love it... it does look like a fun project....and that guy seems like he knows his stuff... a bit of a perfectionist.... that's why it comes out so nice!!!!
              "Each day well-lived and Happy;
              that's all there is to Life!"

Comment

I was going to try one for my Easter outfit but life is busy. Yours is beautiful and to put in a zipper - well - WOW. Can you tell me how big it is? I was thinking of making mine out of the EZ dresden ruler to make it smaller but maybe this is the right size. Thanks

Comment

I wonder if it would work out OK using two blades wide side up and the rest down? It seems like the opening is a bit small for my big hands anyway.

Comment

I was wondering about that small opening too when watching the video. Haven't tried to lay one out to see what would work. If you try it, please let us know.
                    :icon_wave: Linda
                    "Home is where they love you"

Comment

The opening size really isn't that bad-I think you would want some way magnet snap or something to help with closure even if you didn't do a zipper. I did mine with an 8" template but I think ten inches would probably be a great size. After shopping with it today and opening closing several times I realized I really need a heavier duty zipper in there and that I would like longer straps-both great lessons for next time. Mine is about 7" high and 12.5" long.
                      As to how I put the zipper in-I'm not sure how to describe it exactly- I sewed the bottom parts (linining with the needed gap) so they were "one piece". Put the handles on with pins and basting stitch. Then stitched the zipper in with the right sides facing down on the far side of the zipper, meaning the edges are flush with the zipper "hidden" sandwiched between the lining and the front. Sew that together double stitching at the handles to keep them extra secure. When you go to flip it to do the other side you can check and see if its right. Then flip it to do the same on the other side then I finished sewing all around the outside. It will be like a big loop with the zipper in the middle sewing over the zipper to "set" it. Make sure the zipper is open a ways into the purse or it will be impossible to open. Then I did the, I think they are called, gussets and flipped it right side out through the lining gap and tada it looks like a purse. . Hope that makes some sense, never tried to describe it in writing.

Comment

Love it! I'm dying to make one of these! Great job!

Comment

Working...
                        X