cathedral pillow front

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cathedral pillow front

Considering it's my first try it's okay I guess...but for some reason that I don't understand the centers did not line up to each other. So I'm going to get some big buttons and cover them with another fabric from the quilt and put them in there. But if anyone can tell me why that happened I'd appreciate it. I am not sure I would ever do a quilt like this. I started this around 11 this morning and just finished it...it's 10 p.m. Yah I'm a little OCD and wanted to finish it.

cathedral pillow front.jpg

Re: cathedral pillow front

That is really very pretty and looks like a great first try
    Finished is way better than perfect! :icon_bigsmile:

Comment

I think its really pretty. The buttons will be awesome. Adding to the quilt makes it special and one of a kind. This pattern is on my to do list.
      Karen
      Life is short - Live everyday to the fullest

Comment

I think it looks great! I don't think I would do a whole quilt either. lol
        🌺 Lorie

Comment

I think its beautiful, excellent job.

Comment

Thanks all! It was fun to make but imagine how much work to do an entire quilt if that took me 11 hours! LOL!

Can anyone tell me though why the centers did not line up? Is this common? Is it because I did not sew the blocks together correctly? I tried to be super careful and make sure they lined up? but none of them quite match. I wish I could see a professional one close up to see how close they come.

Comment

Very nice! Yo Yo's would look good too.
              pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

I cant say why the centers did not line up either, I just thought it looked great. I guess you have to look closely. A great job, and all the work you put in sure paid off.bravo!

Comment

l think it's beautiful one day l hope to do this l love them ..............if you turn the photo sideways the centres look great is it possible you sewed them sideways ...............

Comment

No clue, Wendy, but it sure is pretty. Nope. I'm with you. No way I'd make a whole quilt. I do want to try this technique though and a pillow or table topper will be the way to go for me. Even a small wall hanging framed would be lovely. If it were me I'd try to contact one of the quilters who have Youtube demos making this and ask them. I bet they would give you some advice.
                    Goodbye Europe! Hello California! Home sweet home.

Comment

Wendy, I love your pillow. I think a quilt would take me a long time, I would get tired doing all those squares. Well done you.
                      sigpic Christine.

Comment

I did a memory quilt using this pattern, mine matched up but it's been a year so I can't remember how I did it. I think I just worked with it and adjusted the width of the fold. I remember I did it on the machine with invisible thread and thought wow I'm blind lol. It was a small quilt. Did you make sure the part you rolled was on the bias? It stretches into place better. That's all I can think of but I do love yours!! Fantastic

Comment

I think it looks great! buttons or yo yo's would look great in the center. Too much work for a full quilt but gorgeous as a pillow. Nice job!
                          sigpic:icon_hug: Iris Girl = April = fabric, Fabric FABRIC!!
                          Time spent with cats is never wasted.
                          Sigmund Freud

Comment

Ooh Wendy. That is so pretty. I don't know why they didn't line up, but I think buttons or yo-yo's would really make it pop! I love Cathedral Windows and I have done a good sized wall hanging in teals and cream and a smaller one in bright hand-dyes. I do have plans for a huge one. I sew all the backgrounds by machine and sew in the centers by hand. I love the hand work and do it in sections.
                            Anyways, I love your pillow!
                            Hugs,
                            http://www.flickr.com/photos/quiltsbytrish
                            http://quiltdreaming.blogspot.com
                            http://pinterest.com/TrishLapp

What if you woke up today and the only things you had were the things you thanked God for yesterday? :icon_hug:quilting trish

Comment

Wendy, that is so pretty. I love the colors you used. I've never made one so I cannot give any help with your centers. I love the idea of little yo yos for the centers.
                              Cil
                              A quilt is a blanket of love
                              http://www.pinterest.com/cil3612/boards/
                              http://www.creativelyhomemade.etsy.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X