Dresden Bag and question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dresden Bag and question.

So I finished all the chores for the day and decided to give a go at making the Dresden purse from last week's tut. I only had the 8" template so it came out a little small, and I added a pocket to the inside. I also made a cover for my sewing machine. I just used regular batting for both projects as I don't have any interfacing or whatever they used in the tutorial.

I do have a question to anyone who has made any bag... is it possible to attach the lining to the bag all the way around on the inside instead of having it loose?
    Attached Files
    Live, Learn, Sew!

Re: Dresden Bag and question.

Thats a great question. Hopefully someone will,have an answer. I would prefer it sewed down as well.
    Karen
    Life is short - Live everyday to the fullest

Comment

I don't have the answer to your question, I just wanted to say how super cute they came out, especially the one made with the sewing machine designs on it! You are giving me more ideas on future projects!

Comment

Love your bag. I think you could probably hand tack it down on the bottom. To keep it from shifting.
        Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
        sigpic

Comment

I think you would have to tack it down by hand along the seam, otherwise, no. You might be able to stitch in the ditch along the bottom seam, from the outside of the bag thru to the inside to make sure it stays in the seam.
          pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

I'm thinking that bag would just be too dang cute done in denims. I just might have to give it a try for my young adult daughter. Was it pretty straight forward, did any part of the process give you any trouble?
            sigpicMiss Sheri

For me, it's all about Love, . . . Always!

Comment

About the lining, when I made the charm pack bags, I tacked my lining down on the machine after it was done, I went inside right on the seam where you square the ends and sewed it there. You can't even see it. My lining didn't even lift when I washed the bag.

You could also run a seam right down your side seams that wouldn't be noticeable too.

Comment

Yep, what Pat and Kensington said. I have done bags/totes both ways. Tacked by hand or sewed along either the side seams or the bottom seam to tack it down. I like the idea of sewing at the corner box - will have to give that a try.
                Debbie

Comment

Working...
                X