Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Finished Lime Sherbet, with 95,508 stitiches!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finished Lime Sherbet, with 95,508 stitiches!

Wednesday, I finished quilting my sister's Lime and Black quilt top. I used my HQ16 long arm machine and used 95,508 stiches with black thread. I wanted the stitches to show on the back so I used black in the bobbin too! IMG_20140416_112707.jpg

I bought the used HQ16 in Oct 2013 and told my sister she could send me her quilt tops and I could finish them for No Charge! good practice for me. She sent me 9 quilt tops! I have finished 4. I try new techniques and new gadgets. IMG_20140416_112743.jpg IMG_20140416_112722.jpg IMG_20140317_074745.jpg IMG_20131028_063915.jpg
    [SIGPIC]sigpicCarol
    Blonde Biker Quilts
    Asking a quilter to mend is like asking Picasso to paint your garage.:icon_woohoo:

Re: Finished Lime Sherbet, with 95,508 stitiches!

Very NICE! What a lucky sister, to have YOU finish her tops! And please tell me you did NOT sit and count all those stitches?!
    sigpicMiss Sheri

For me, it's all about Love, . . . Always!

Comment

HOLY SCHMOLLY!
      That's SOME machine! I'm guessing you're planning a LAQ service, and you have an auto stitch count?
      Beautiful work, BB!
      I really need to get off the exclamation point.
      It may give people the idea that I'm bright and cheerful all the time....

Comment

LOL....oh gosh NO! the machine has a counter that I clear each time I start a new project. I am learning about how many stitches I get out of each bobbin, approx. 20,000. so hopefully I will be able to pre make enough bobbins for a project....I was so close on this one..............my last black bobbin ran out about 12 inches before I finished..........yes, I had to stop and fill another one, ugh!
        Last edited by Blonde Biker; April 17, 2014, 07:56 AM.
        [SIGPIC]sigpicCarol
        Blonde Biker Quilts
        Asking a quilter to mend is like asking Picasso to paint your garage.:icon_woohoo:

Comment

Thanks, I am hoping I can start a quilting service. it's hard to come up with quilting motif ideas that are RIGHT for each quilt. and yes, the machine Counts the stitches. this was my MOST stitches yet! this quilt measured 52 " x 70 "
          [SIGPIC]sigpicCarol
          Blonde Biker Quilts

Comment

Beautiful colors!!!
            The quilting you did is really pretty, great design for that quilt.

Comment

What a pretty quilt. Love the black quilting.
              Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X