Check out this charm pack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Check out this charm pack

I like it! Only thing . . . it is a 4" pack . I am thinking maybe what I should do is sew them to a larger square, centered so the tote will be larger. You think that'll work?
    Thanks.

L
    sigpic

http://www.sewlyricallyvintage.wordpress.com

"Being a great quilter is 5% talent and 95% pushing yourself away from the internet!" ~ Angel Bear

Re: Check out this charm pack

Pretty with the lime green and black. I think sashed with white on each is a good way to highlight each square. Should be great
    Karen
    Life is short - Live everyday to the fullest

Comment

Looks like a great color combo for a bag! Have fun, and don't forget to let us know what you decide!

Comment

Thanks gals. Two spoke up with over 200 views . . . what's up with that? Anywho . . . that's exactly what I have in mind, SallyO'Sews.

A medium sized tote to take on my sojourn to meet my upcoming new granny. Since I will be traveling Greyhound [] I am opting for a zippered bag to keep my 'puter, quilting, and crochet in while riding along. In my big head I was thinking of somehow making the 4" charms larger with denim as it is hefty.
        Last edited by lyric; April 16, 2014, 09:35 AM.
        sigpic

"Being a great quilter is 5% talent and 95% pushing yourself away from the internet!" ~ Angel Bear

Comment

Nothing personal but the low comments and large viewing might have something to do with the picture being so small that some of us can't make it out. Hard to comment on what we can't see.
          Since you're always on my mind can you straighten out the mess up there?

Comment

You know how some photos, when you see them they can be enlarged to see better, but you can't right-click 'em? That's what this one is like at the eBay auction that I purchased it. I was disappointed that I couldn't share a nicer view 'cause that baby is cute. I'm going to try again, Leah53.

ETA: Got 'em, yay! Also sharing the other pack I won.

Charm 2 2.JPGCharm 2.JPG
            Charm pack green.JPGCharm view 2.pngKeepsake Charm Pack.jpg
            Last edited by lyric; April 16, 2014, 10:32 AM.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by lyric View Post
              You know how some photos, when you see them they can be enlarged to see better, but you can't right-click 'em? That's what this one is like at the eBay auction that I purchased it. I was disappointed that I couldn't share a nicer view 'cause that baby is cute. I'm going to try again, Leah53.
              When you run across a picture like that, while you have it on your screen in enlarged view, click the PRINT SCREEN button on your keyboard. Then go into the PAINT program, right click in the white area and PASTE. You will paste an image of everything on your desktop. Crop out the image of the charm pack, paste it on a new paint page, save as jpg, name it and then you have a larger image to post.
              K is for Karen 😊​..................
              Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
              T - is it TRUE?
              H - is it HELPFUL?
              I - is it INSPIRING?
              N - is it NECESSARY?
              K - is it KIND?

Comment

Originally posted by Kgrammiecaz View Post
                Pretty with the lime green and black. I think sashed with white on each is a good way to highlight each square. Should be great
                Wish I had a white denim (whining) on hand versus the indigo. Got it in my head that denim is sturdy and will do the trip well.
                sigpic

Comment

You're the business, girl. Thanks.

Originally posted by K. McEuen View Post
                  When you run across a picture like that, while you have it on your screen in enlarged view, click the PRINT SCREEN button on your keyboard. Then go into the PAINT program, right click in the white area and PASTE. You will paste an image of everything on your desktop. Crop out the image of the charm pack, paste it on a new paint page, save as jpg, name it and then you have a larger image to post.
                  sigpic

Comment

check your local thrift store for jeans. you may get lucky.

Originally posted by lyric View Post
                    Wish I had a white denim (whining) on hand versus the indigo. Got it in my head that denim is sturdy and will do the trip well.
                    Preeti
                    http://sewpreetiquilts.blogspot.com/

Comment

Don't feel bad about low comments. I just saw it and it's only noontime where I am. That green and black is beautiful. Will you show us the finished bag, please.
                      Mary :icon_popcorn:

Comment

Originally posted by Preeti View Post
                        check your local thrift store for jeans. you may get lucky.
                        Yes, especially here. Definitely many indigo (like I have) jeans in second hand stores. Thinking of the size bag that I want and the time left to do it all would be interesting to find that much white denim.

More than likely I'll either go with indigo denim OR I could use white muslin that I have. It's just that muslin obviously isn't as strong as the denim. Hmmm, looks like my choice will be cuteness or functionality?
                        sigpic

Comment

Thanks for enlarging it, now that I can see it the colors are beautiful especially the green and black, love those colors together.
                          Since you're always on my mind can you straighten out the mess up there?

Comment

I like it, I think it will make a great tote
                            The best kind of sleep beneath Heaven above/ Is under a quilt, handmade with love

Comment

Love the color combo, very modern!

Comment

Working...
                              X