new bag for holidays!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new bag for holidays!

We are off to south africa in august to see the family and i wanted a nice big bag to travel with...this is what i came up with. Really pleased with it. Got some other fabrics so going to make something with a zip/flap top too.
    Attached Files
    www.briarsbears.co.uk

Re: new bag for holidays!

That's super! Where did you buy the handles. Are they easy to attach to the bag?
    Goodbye Europe! Hello California! Home sweet home.

Comment

I love it! I was going to ask about the handles too.
      🌺 Lorie

Comment

Me too, the handles look interesting! And the bag is beautiful, I like the shape and the colors.

Comment

That's a gorgeous bag. We would like to know where you purchased the handles....lol!!
          sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

That's gorgeous.
            I'm not a complete idiot.....some pieces are missing!
            Lorraine

Comment

Super cute!

73256d1397376095-new-bag-holidays-20140406_150008.jpg
              sigpic

Comment

NICE! Love the fabrics and the way you used them and the handles make it look finished. Really nice!

Comment

A very nice bag!

Comment

Gorgeous. Looks like a very expensive designer bag. Fabulous color choices.
                    Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

Comment

Love the bag. My LQS has that type of handle but I've only seen them in black or brown. The purple really makes it look very professional.
                      Ann

Comment

Originally posted by rebeccas-sewing View Post
                        That's super! Where did you buy the handles. Are they easy to attach to the bag?
                        No the handles were a PAIN to attach!! Probably because i did not want the stitching to show so had to do it through a hole in the lining. They were worth it though. I got them from a local shop....cannot remember who made them now. they were available in several different colours & i got some turquoise ones too for another project. If i remember who made them i will let you all know!
                        Sorry the picture is sideways...only just spotted that!!
                        www.briarsbears.co.uk

Comment

That's really cute! What I like about the fabric totes and bags is that when you travel you can roll a couple up and put them in your suitcase without taking up much space and then you have options for change while you are gone. Regular bags take so much room up in your bags.

Also, I took a charm pack tote along with me when we went on vacation last month, and it was much lighter to carry all day around Disney world than my leather bag would have been.

Comment

Working...
                          X