Today's treasure!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Today's treasure!

My sewing buddy Helena and I went to the next town over from Örebro today, Västerås, to visit a quilt shop we haven't been to before. I've signed up for a one day hand quilting course there in May and we've been wanting to check the place out for some time. The shop is called Fröken Flink (Miss Nimble) and is run by a lovely Dutch woman called Barbara. She took great care of us, showed us lots of different techniques and tools (among them an accuquilt) and while she carries mostly old time reproduction fabrics (I like to think of them as Little House on the Praries fabrics!) I bought more than I had set out to. This is my hoard from today!

bild.jpg

The top fabrics are yardage and I got a little more than half a yard of each. I would've gotten more, but fabric is expensive here! About 27 USD for one meter of fabric (a yard is about 0.9 meter)... The cute little folded fabrics are fat quarters. I got a bunch that went together and some more just because. She showed us a really neat way to make fiddly applique and so I had to get that kind of "appliquick" and glue to do that. The tools I chose not to buy this time, they were quite expensive. I also got some English paper piecing pieces (1" squares) and some hand quilting thread. The packages on the left are scraps. What can I say, I love scraps! They are almost all of them in colours I don' really have. I got one of the scrap packages for free, new customer and all!

It's such a treat to meet someone else who quilt! It's so uncommon here. Also nice to have a girls' day out!

Thanks for looking!
    ~ Anna ~

My Pinterest

Re: Today's treasure!

Sounds like a great time! Love the second fabric in from the left on the upper row.
    K is for Karen 😊​..................
    Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
    T - is it TRUE?
    H - is it HELPFUL?
    I - is it INSPIRING?
    N - is it NECESSARY?
    K - is it KIND?

Comment

That is quite a haul! Nice! The fabrics look lovely. Perfect girls day out.

Comment

How far is that from Malmo? I will be there the end of August.

I like you fabrics. They are really nice.

Comment

Lovely, lovely fabrics. Why are they so much more expensive over in Europe than in the USA?
          Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

Comment

Great selection of fabrics! Glad you had fun on your girl's day out.

Comment

nice selection to add to your stash

Comment

Originally posted by mommadeb View Post
                How far is that from Malmo? I will be there the end of August.

I like you fabrics. They are really nice.
                I guess it depends on what you deem far. I'd say it's quite far... It's about 6 hrs by car, a little less by train.

Originally posted by DeniseSm View Post
                Lovely, lovely fabrics. Why are they so much more expensive over in Europe than in the USA?
                Import fees, higher taxes on everything... And not that high turnaround since not that many quilt here. Those are my guesses.
                ~ Anna ~

My Pinterest

Comment

We pay $20-25/metre here in Iceland.

Comment

Sounds like a fun time......and what a nice haul!!!
                    ~Kathy~

Comment

What's haul! I have the 2nd & 5th fabric.
                      Peggy:icon_hug:

Comment

Really love all the fabric! Nice!

Comment

Love your purchases and yes, it's wonderful to have a friend who also quilts and such a helpful quilt shop.

Comment

Beautiful fabrics! I imagine that at $27 a yard for fabric, there wouldn't be many quilters here, either!
                            Donna

Comment

Why are they so much more expensive over in Europe than in the USA?
                              That's a really good question!!! When I go visiting my sister in the USA for the next time (somewhere in the future), I will come with 2 empty suitcases!
                              Heike :)

Queen-of-Hearts - Blog: http://creativity-forever.blogspot.de/

instagram: heike_witzke

Comment

Working...
                              X