Sew/quilt expo haul :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sew/quilt expo haul :)

I had such a great time at my first expo! Got some great ideas, got to hang out with my sister and her MIL too
    I had a budget and stuck to it - I'm happy with what I came home with!
    My sister bought the Martelli cutting table - good price at the show, and the dealer gave her an additional discount because her hubby is career navy and currently deployed. Funny thing is, she emailed him (he's somewhere in the middle of the ocean - near England right now) to ask him if it was ok (it is a major purchase after all ) - she hadn't heard from him by the time she had to leave; the guy gave her his card and told her to call his cell if hubby said yes and he would honor the price he gave her. Well, she called me very excited a few hours later...... I can't wait to visit her and help her 'test drive' the new toy...
    Here is a pic of what I brought home
    expo.jpg
    Now that I've been to my first one, I'll plan for next years because I know more about it!

Re: Sew/quilt expo haul

Great haul. Good to share time with sister.

Comment

Glad you had a great time! We have a sewing expo coming here in October, I believe, and I'm hoping to be able to go! Sounds like a lot of fun! And good for you sticking to your budget!
      Lori

Comment

Sounds like you had a great time. Love everything you got.
        Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
        sigpic

Comment

NICE!.......I missed one here a few weeks ago. It was on a Friday and Saturday and I was tied up. I will mark it on my calendar next time to be sure not to miss. So much to see and learn (and buy!!)
          "She who dies with the most fabric wins"

Ecclesiastes 9:10 "Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with all your might, for in the realm of the dead, where you are going, there is neither working nor planning nor knowledge nor wisdom."

Julie
          :D

Comment

Very nice! We will not have and expo here in Alabama until November in Birmingham. I have it marked on my calendar. It will be my first expo as well. Can't wait!

Comment

Can't say enough about the Martelli folks and their support of military families. And it's not a new thing they are doing ... they gave me a bit of a discount at a sewing/quilt expo almost 20 years ago!

Looks like you got some great things, Songbird. Love the way you got such a variety of goodies.

Comment

@ songbird857 where was the quilt show?
                :icon_wave:Joan

Comment

I wonder if you were at the same one that Cyndiofthevortex and Quilter Martha were at!
                  Nice haul! I hope to go to my first in May....I think Martelli is going to be there!
                  ~Kathy~

Comment

You got a great haul.,... Let us know how you like that rotary cutter.... Sounds like everyone had a really good day....

Sandy from Cincinnati

AKA Kermit

Comment

Originally posted by bkthomas View Post
                      I wonder if you were at the same one that Cyndiofthevortex and Quilter Martha were at!
                      Nice haul! I hope to go to my first in May....I think Martelli is going to be there!
                      Cyndi is at the machine quilt expo in NH, which a friend just told me about the other day :-) I was at one in MA, a bit closer to where I live...

Comment

Originally posted by stationarymom View Post
                        @ songbird857 where was the quilt show?
                        It was in Worcester - just a few miles from you Still going on today but I'm not there...

Comment

Looks like you had a great day too!
                          ~ Anna ~

My Pinterest

Comment

Wow! I'm jealous.
                            Peggy:icon_hug:

Comment

i can't believe i missed it.i hope to go to the world expo in manchester n.h. in august.
                              :icon_wave:Joan

Comment

Working...
                              X