From Don-isewman- 2 quilts for my grdkids--Need a name for grdsons quilt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From Don-isewman- 2 quilts for my grdkids--Need a name for grdsons quilt

I just picked these quilts up from my long arm lady friend today. Me and the wife went to davenport. And my friend live in Blue Grass. Blue Grass isnt that far from Davenport. Did some shopping, and paid a couple bills, and of course. Had to stop at JoAnns, and Hancock in Davenport. What I need is a name for my grdsons quilt. All it is, is 1/2 sq triangles, and sq's. I have a name for my grdaughters quilt. Its called Ellens star, from Quilterscache.com

003.jpg This is the quilt for my grdson Logan

002.jpg This is the back side of his quilt.

004.jpg This is Autums quilt. Called Ellens Star, from Quilterscache.com

005.JPG A close up view of Autums quilt

A little mix up--from Don-isewman

The 1st picture of 1/2 sq triangles is the quilt it self. The 2nd picture is of the backside of his quilt. Just need a name for his(logans) quilt. Don-isewman

Comment

Re: From Don-isewman- 2 quilts for my grdkids--Need a name for grdsons quilt

Wow! Logan's quilt is great for a boy!

Hmm...how about "Squared Up"? Or "Strip n' Square"? Or "Squared Strips"? Or go the easy way and just call it "Logan's Quilt" or "Logan's Squares"...

Comment

How about Logans Points!

Comment

Originally posted by BobW View Post
          How about Logans Points!
          Your grands will love these quilts! They are beautiful.

I vote for Logan's Points!

Can you name the other one Autumn's Star?
          Vonnie

Comment

'Logan's Run'... (sorry... couldn't resist)

Comment

Beautiful as usual, Don. My grandmother was from Davenport. She used to call sofas "Davenports", too. Is that a common thing in the area?
              Donna

Comment

You are such a talented quilter. I love everything you do.
                Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dwil23 View Post
                  Beautiful as usual, Don. My grandmother was from Davenport. She used to call sofas "Davenports", too. Is that a common thing in the area?
                  My grandmother also called the sofa a 'davenport' and she never left Eastern Kentucky...I think it's just something common to that era.

I was thinking Logan's Run also but like Logan's Point. No matter what you call it, he's sure to treasure it and get a lot of good use out of it.
                  It's all fun and games until the bobbin runs out.

Comment

Tell us a little bit more about Logan so we can come up with better name ideas. What does he like?

Knowing nothing about Logan, but knowing that quilts are usually for sleeping with, how about naming the quilt "Dreaming in Color"
                    Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

Comment

Love both of your quilts - I am not good at naming them, but like all of the suggestions so far.

My grandma and dad also called the sofa a davenport - when my sister was little, she didn't know what dad meant when he said he was going to make her sleep on the davenport one night - she thought she was going to be sleeping outside on the porch!
                      Lisa

M*QC forum is full of the best people!

I'm not just buying fabric, I am supporting the economy...

A bad day in the sewing room is better than a good day at the office.

Comment

What beautiful quilts... you are leaving quite a legacy to your grandchildren/family...

Comment

They are both very nice, I particularly love the star quilt. Sorry, no suggestion for a name. I am very uncreative when it comes to naming quilts. Mine are usually called "the quilt I made for ..."

Comment

These are wonderful quilts. I'm sure your family will cherish them.
                            sigpicAnita G.

Comment

Both quilts are beautiful, you did a great job. I like the suggestion of "dreaming in color".
                              Vicki C:icon_hi:

Comment

Working...
                              X