Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Update on Josfine's quilt, for all to see!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update on Josfine's quilt, for all to see!!

What I have been working on today!!

Today I had more blocks in the mail, so I thought I show you all what the sweet ladies on here made so far.
    I have been busy cutting sashingstrips and cornerstones, the fabric is directional so I had to pay attention while cutting the strips.....
    After that I pulled out all the blocks I have so far, and started squaring them all.
    Some were perfect 9,5" some were a little bigger that was great so I had room to square them, and then some I had to do some "heart-surgery" (thought that was funny....). They all turned out so great and I am so happy how those colors work together!!
    I am also very happy with my huge design-wall, this works so well.

Last week I picked up the backing fabric I had orderd and the batting, I sure hope I have enough, I got about 5,5 yard backing fabric I think. Not sure if this needs borders, what do you guys say??
    When I was placing them all on my wall I thought that it looks so good, that I wanted to post pictuers on here instead of on the group page, you are all part of this.. One through praying, one through making a block or two, and the other by sending Annika a PM or nice card.....no matter how, we are all here for Josefine!!

Here are some pictures of the process so far, hope you like it!
    Any comments are welcome, if you think I should change something please say so, I am just doing what I think is right, but if you think it is wrong or should be done different, please let me know I can only learn!!
    Attached Files
    It ain't no sin to be glad you're alive!

www.memoryquiltsbyklasien.nl

Re: Update on Josfine's quilt, for all to see!!

It is looking great

Comment

OMGosh!!! This is going to be a great quilt!!
      Sharon

Comment

That is absolutely gorgeous!
        ---Susan---

"When life gives you scraps - make a quilt!"

Comment

That's precious! Did Forum members send squares? I didn't hear about this.
          Goodbye Europe! Hello California! Home sweet home.

Comment

Klaisen - it looks wonderful! Your sashing/backing fabric is perfect! That quilt says nothing but love in and around it. Thank you so much for taking all our blocks and creating something so wonderful for Josephine. I know Annika will be thrilled, too!
            Gerri

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance.

Comment

That is turning out great! Thanks for making this work by assembling it for Josephine!

Comment

Originally posted by rebeccas-sewing View Post
                That's precious! Did Forum members send squares? I didn't hear about this.
                Yes Rebecca, there is a group about it.
                Since you are so close you can still sent a block to me if you want to join.
                Let Megan know, she can invite you to the group, there is all the info. (group is by invite only)
                It ain't no sin to be glad you're alive!

www.memoryquiltsbyklasien.nl

Comment

Wow, Klasien. Great progress! The sashing and corner blocks were a great idea!
                  AWESOME!
                  I really need to get off the exclamation point.
                  It may give people the idea that I'm bright and cheerful all the time....

Comment

Oohh It is gorgeous!!!

I am sitting here in tears of joy and proud to be a member of such loving community here on the forum!

I can not thank you all enough and what ever I type seams inadecvate.
                    I am so glad and humble and Thankfull.

For your words, prayers and caring! It means so much to me to be able to come here with both joy and turmoil.

I only hope I can bring something back to someone else that needs a nice word or a cyberhug or just needs to know that someone else care about them!

I know that Josefine will be amazed by the love and care that is for her in this quilt! And the words for her.
                    And she will forever be reminded of that she is loved and precious with this quilt!

THANK YOU!!!!!

Much love

Annika
                    sigpic

God, Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
                    The stash to make a quilt to help me cope,
                    A quilt to give to comfort those I love in times of hurt, fear and uncertainty.
                    And the courage to keep on sewing when life itself seems held together by a single thread of hope.

Comment

That is very beautiful and I am sure Josefine will feel very loved and special when she receives it.

Comment

Klasien, it is going to be beautiful. I am honored to be a part of this beautiful quilt for a special young lady. (ha ha...heart surgery) I hope mine didn't need to much help Thank you for taking on the task of assembling it.
                        Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
                        sigpic

Comment

That is looking great so far! Hopefully my square will arrive soon. The quilt looks like it is going to end up being a good size too.
                          K is for Karen 😊​..................
                          Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
                          T - is it TRUE?
                          H - is it HELPFUL?
                          I - is it INSPIRING?
                          N - is it NECESSARY?
                          K - is it KIND?

Comment

It's going to be a great quilt. Do you need more blocks or perhaps a bit money to help cover for the costs of backing and batting? I would be happy to help either way.

Comment

ohhhhh.... It looks so pretty as it is taking shape! The colors are perfect for a 15 year old girl

Comment

Working...
                              X