My First Quilt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My First Quilt

This is not nearly as good as most of y'all's, but wanted to post a picture of the Memory Prayer Quilt I made and gave to my niece's widower. She was only 36 and they had only been married 13 months. So I used some pictures from their wedding and a few more. Learned a lot and hope to get into doing more. Marie quilt.jpg

Re: My First Quilt

It's beautiful Marie! I need to learn the picture making squares.
    🌺 Lorie

Comment

it's beautiful and i'm sure he will love it forever.
      :icon_wave:Joan

Comment

Nice job......pretty quilt.
        "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
        Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Comment

Looks great! Quilting is not just about making the most elaborate or fanciest thing, it is about making something with love. You shouldn't compare your quilts to anyone else's as far as "ranking" them, we all quilt at the level we are able to and we all started somewhere.

Welcome to the forums! I look forward to seeing your future quilting creations!
          Loosely based on a true story.

Comment

It's a great quilt and I'm sure he'll love it. It's the thoughtfulness and caring you put into something that means the most.
            *~* Myrna *~*
            *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*

Comment

Beautiful... Hugs from Michigan

Comment

I think it is a quilt that will be treasured, he will know that it was stitched with love. I want to make quilts like it for my group of neighbors (8) of us for Christmas. I'm glad to see it and see how great it looks.

Comment

So sad about the person you gave it to. It turned out nice!
                  Joyce "She who dies with the most fabric wins!!"

Comment

Thank you all for your kind words. He is an OTR truck driver so I thought he could take this with him and bring him comfort when he got so sad. He was very appreciative of not only the quilt, but the story behind the knots. Not sure if he has it on the road with him or not, because when he called me after receiving it, h said he was thinking about framing it. Each of the knots were tied with a prayer. I took it to my church and also to an Animal rescue group that I am a part of and had members tie the knots.

Comment

Beautiful. He will treasure it.
                      What I make with my hands I give with my heart.

Comment

Working...
                      X