It's finished!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's finished!

I have finally finished my granddaughters quilt for high school graduation. She will entering University of SouthDakota this fall and entering music education instrumental. She will love the quilt cause I did it, she's a great granddaughter, but there are some fatal flaws that I won't pick out for her. LOL. Just had to show it off!
    Attached Files
    Mary :icon_popcorn:

Re: It's finished!

It's LOVELY!
    And what GREAT fabric for a music major! She'll surely treasure it forever!
    I really need to get off the exclamation point.
    It may give people the idea that I'm bright and cheerful all the time....

Comment

Love those fabrics--I saw them recently and wished I had some for whom I could create a quilt using them. She will love it! Great job--flaws and all-LOL!

Lisa

Comment

I bet I could make 3 more for my daughter and me and another music teacher friend. We are all music teacher's. I fell in love with the fabric the second I saw it. Thanks for the encouragement.
        Mary :icon_popcorn:

Comment

That is a beautiful quilt and I'm sure your granddaughter will think any flaws are just grandmas way of saying I love you and sometimes things aren't perfect.

Comment

Beautiful! She will love it

Comment

I also saw that fabric recently and wished I had a musician in the family so I would have a reason to buy it. Your grandaughter will love her new quilt, it's lovely. Thank you for sharing.

Comment

Beautiful and perfect for a music major

Comment

Your quilt is lovely. She will love it.
                  Barbara :icon_bigsmile:

Comment

Awesome Quilt!!! I'm sure she will treasure it forever.

Comment

Wish I had a grandma to make quilts like that for me! She's a lucky girl and will love it for sure!

Comment

What a beautiful gift. I have a friend who just used most of those same fabrics in a quilt for her grandson. Perfect fabric for a musician!
                        Robin
                        My Pinterest Page of the Quilts I've Made: http://www.pinterest.com/rwmomto3/quilts-ive-made/

Comment

What a great quilt! She will love it. Thank you for sharing.

Comment

The quilt turned out beautifully! That is a favorite fabric of mine accept that I only ventured as far as making a runner for my piano with it. Your granddaughter is going to just love it! Hopefully I will still be around and quilting when my granddaughters graduate so I can make them an extra special quilt, too. For now it's all princesses, Dora and Elmo...

Well done!!
                            Gerri

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance.

Comment

This is just lovely! Is the fabric from a particular line - or fabrics you've searched out and collected one-by-one? I work at a performing arts venue, and a quilt like this would be a huge hit at our annual silent auction. I'd love to create something similar. Your granddaughter is going to be thrilled!

Comment

Working...
                              X