Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Remember that wedding quilt I kept asking for advise on? It is finally done!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remember that wedding quilt I kept asking for advise on? It is finally done!

Thanks to everyone that helped me get this quilt done! I swear, everything that could go wrong DID! And all I wanted to do was make a beautiful quilt for a wedding gift! Good grief, you'd a thought I was asking for it to be made engraved in gold or something!

I ran out of fabric twice, so twice I had to re design the quilt! I wanted it bigger, but didn't have the fabric to make 3 more blocks, but thanks to my 14 yo GD, she made me see the solution! Didn't how in the world I was going to FMQ it is with blocks on the front, but not on the back and dark colors on the front and light colors on the back!
    I created a really awesome block feature that I really love and intend to use again and again as appropriate. I made a label, but it didn't come out as I would have liked, but see how to fix that in the future. I was literally sewing it up to the last minute. I finished it Sunday night, washed and packed it and mailed it Monday morning to hopefully get to the bride before Friday, the day of her wedding!

I see the mistakes, I hope the bride doesn't! She is my first cousin, once removed and we dont' really "know" each other. Last time we saw each other was about 15 years ago when she was about 10/11 ish. But I wanted to do it also as a "family memory" thing. I am big on preserving memories! Her dad and I were very close as kids so she kind of means alot to me because of my history with him.

I wrote all about it in my blog if you would care to read about the whole ordeal and how a basket of mess turned out pretty good, if I do say so myself!

Fabric And Memories

Thanks to all that chimed in with suggestions and helps and advise and especially ENCOURAGEMENT!!!!!
    Attached Files
    Cheri

www.fabricandmemories.blogspot.com

Re: Remember that wedding quilt I kept asking for advise on? It is finally done!

Beautiful.
    Since you're always on my mind can you straighten out the mess up there?

Comment

Re: Remember that wedding quilt I kept asking for advise on? It is finally done!

Beautiful! Worth all the hard work.

Comment

Absolutely beautiful!
        sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

It is beautiful!
          sigpic

Comment

It turned out great!

Comment

Very pretty!
              Shirley aka buckeyequilter
              I work to support a sewing habit that I don't have time for, because I work!

Comment

Very nice. Congrats on getting it sent off. I know I always hope the recipient will feel the love that went into making a quilt. Great job, I think it turned out beautiful!
                Vernona:icon_hi:

Comment

I love the use of colors in the border. Just makes the whole quilt come together. I hope you are proud of your completed project.
                  It is beautiful :-)
                  Preeti
                  http://sewpreetiquilts.blogspot.com/

Comment

That is beautiful!!

Comment

That came out very pretty - you must be very pleased!! .... the cat.... is she real??? beautiful too

Comment

A beautiful quilt

Comment

Originally posted by songbird857 View Post
                          That came out very pretty - you must be very pleased!! .... the cat.... is she real??? beautiful too
                          No, the cat is ceramic. My mom painted it many years ago. I just got it recently when we had to put mom in assisted living when she was diagnosed with dementia. She did amazing ceramic painting. i have this cat and another like it only bigger and a black cat laying down. I have the cat there in my living room by the fireplace and when I laid the quilt out to take the pictures..it just looked cute to have the cat right there!
                          Cheri

Comment

She is one lucky bride to be the recipient of such a lovely quilt! Well done!

Comment

Thanks everyone. I am pleased with it...as it turns out. I thought I'd hate it when done because of all the problems I had, but it turned out really nice. The only mistake that can be "seen" is with the FMQ'ing...I didn't change the thread as I should have cause I didn't realize it was beige thread sewing on the green panel on the back so there is this beige line across it, but...I just couldn't tear it out as the stitches were so tiny, even tho I used a walking foot. I don't seem to have any luck with the walking foot...does no different than a regular all purpose foot. HOpefully, since she isn't "quilt inclined" she will think that is just a decorative thing!
                              Cheri

Comment

Working...
                              X