First quilting attempt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First quilting attempt

and the very last attempt and please don't tell me practice makes perfect lol because, besides being a crappy job, I really didn't enjoy doing it.

006 (480x640).jpg003 (285x640).jpg
    Since you're always on my mind can you straighten out the mess up there?

Re: First quilting attempt

I think it looks great. Maybe if you work on another, it won't be so difficult.

Comment

I don't think so. lol

Comment

It looks great! Leah, do you have a walking foot?
        ~Kathy~

Comment

Walking foot? What's that? I think that's what's on my machine right now. I could have said I have 2 feet and neither one of them are walking, although they should be, thanks Bob for bringing up the bismarks.

Comment

You did good. But if its not something you like just do straight quilting with the walking foot. Simple and it goes much quicker
            Karen
            Life is short - Live everyday to the fullest

Comment

Stitch in the ditch drives me nuts. I would much rather free motion quilt something that small. Give it a try?

Comment

In the blocks themselves, I did a straight stitch just around the colored pieces, a hair in from the seams, no SITD.

Comment

How To Use A Walking Foot - YouTube

Above is a link to a video that will show you what it is and how to use it.....I love mine!
                  ~Kathy~

Comment

I think it looks great! Enjoyment sure wasn't there for me either when I did my first one. I like it better now but to say I truly enjoy it would be a lie. It gets better though!
                    ~ Anna ~

My Pinterest

Comment

I use to struggle with quilting before I purchased a walking foot. Like you I had no idea what it was, but I saw it in a quilt book that I was using at the time. It made a huge difference!
                      Please don't give up on quilting. Give it another try with a walking foot. : )
                      :icon_hiya: Coleen

"I expect to pass through this world but once. Any good I can do, or any kindness I can show, let me do now, for I will not pass through this way again."

Comment

The quilting is definitely my least favorite part too! Using the embroidery machine to quilt is the least labor for me, but I still don't like doing it. Very boring. I keep thinking maybe a long-arm would help but it's a lot of money to spend if I'm just not sure it would improve the process for me.
                        Goodbye Europe! Hello California! Home sweet home.

Comment

I think your runner looks fine. Remember the quilter that makes something sees every single little flaw that just makes an item hand made. The people that didn't just see the end rresult that it looks good! Also there are plenty of people that love to piece a quilt, but always have an item quilted with thier checkbook.....
                          Have a Sewonderful Day,
                          Mary T.

Comment

I, too, do NOT enjoy quilting. I love piecing, cutting, sewing. I always send my things out to be quilted by someone else. I also do not like binding..........I have that person sew the binding on by machine and then I hand sew it to finish it off. Your item is lovely. Looks like a wall hanging, so no one will see the other side.

Comment

I don't like to quilt...very frustrating despite many attempts. I don't enjoy wrestling all that batting, backing and the quilt through the throat of the machine. Thank goodness for M*QC machine quilting!
                              Michele

to the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world...

Comment

Working...
                              X