Mini Quilts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mini Quilts

I usually don't work small but since my guild is looking for some mini quilts to raffle off during our quilt show in May I went through left over blocks and some challenge quilts I had. Largest mini is 12 1/2 x 15. the center is a beautifully appliqued and trimmed panel that I received in a swap a few years ago, all I did was add 2 borders, quilt and bind it. It is in many shades of lavender and purple.

The other mini is 8 1/2 x 13 and I made it as a small group challenge to use some oriental fabrics. Instead of making a big Chinese Coin quilt I made a mini one naming it "I've Got a Little Yen", referring to Japanese coins. Seemed funny at the time comparing China which is huge to Japan which is a small nation. It is in dark purple and bright oriental scraps.

Hope they bring in a few dollars for the guild, they were sitting in my sewing room for years and finally got put to good use. May in Jersey
    Small raffle quilt.jpgLittle Yen.jpg

Re: Mini Quilts

May, Your mini quilts are so pretty. I love them both. Surely these will raise a good sum at auction. Making small quilts is my favorite thing to sew.
    sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Working...
    X