50 years ago today-4-4-64

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

50 years ago today-4-4-64

I was married to my dear Edwin. He was taken to heaven 8 years ago, so today will be a day of happy memories, perhaps a few tears.

image.jpg

image.jpg
    I made this several years ago to commemorate our marriage. Ed loved dogwood trees, this is Dogwod trails fabric.
    image.jpg

Re: 50 years ago today-4-4-64

Hope you have a lot of happy memories today. The quilt is beautiful.
    Shirley aka buckeyequilter
    I work to support a sewing habit that I don't have time for, because I work!

Comment

Hugs!

Our loved ones still lives in our hearts!
      sigpic

God, Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
      The stash to make a quilt to help me cope,
      A quilt to give to comfort those I love in times of hurt, fear and uncertainty.
      And the courage to keep on sewing when life itself seems held together by a single thread of hope.

Comment

Happy Anniversary. Even though he is gone physically, he will always live on in your heart. Nice wedding picture BTW
        Dolores :lol::icon_heh:

Comment

Fifty years ago, I was 5, I could have been your flower girl! Ed looks very much like Mr. Crawford, one of the science teachers when I was in Jr. High. Happy memories for you today Jean.
          K is for Karen 😊​..................
          Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
          T - is it TRUE?
          H - is it HELPFUL?
          I - is it INSPIRING?
          N - is it NECESSARY?
          K - is it KIND?

Comment

The quilt is beautiful. You obviously had a wonderful marriage. It brings to mind the saying 'tis better to have loved and lost than not to have loved at all. That may be true but it does not make it is any less painful when we lose the one we love. May your happy memories soak up any tears. My thoughts are with you.
            Gerri

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance.

Comment

Awww, Jean, (((HUGS)))) A bittersweet day for sure.

My best friend who passed away from breast cancer 1-5-2000 and her hubby who had a fatal stroke on 10-3-2000 would have celebrated their anniversary today, too. I don't remember now what year they married, but it was in the early 70's.

p.s. the quilt is beautiful and I LOVE your wedding picture, brings a tear to my eye.
              Donna

Comment

Your memory quilt is beautiful and a wonderful tribute to your husband and life long companion. Today may have its sad moments, but I know your heart will be filled with joy thinking of all of the loving memories.

Comment

(((Jean))),

Beautiful memories will outweigh your tears we hope. Much love, Ruby and Don

PS: Love the Jackie Kennedy Pill Box Hats.
                  sigpic Visit my fabric shopping cart YardageALaCarte.com - PM me for a 25% Off your Total Purchase Code, just mention "The Forum" in your message. Huggers, Ruby

Comment

{{hugs}} Jean.

I wish you many happy memories today.
                    Cathryn

Comment

Aren't you both pretty. Lovely quilt and lovely memories. Hope today is a happy day for you.

Comment

Jean,
                        What wonderful memories you have. I know today is bittersweet....allow yourself a few tears, and rejoice in all the memories and love that is still in your heart. Your wedding photo you are so lovely, and he is so handsome. I can see the excitement in your eyes of starting your life together. Sigh, I just think people looked so much more elegant in this era. Reminds me of my parents wedding photo. Jean you obviously had a wonderful marriage. I believe Edwin will smile down on you today, and I truly believe he waits for you.

Thinking of you today,
                        Love always,
                        Liz
                        Keep the Faith

dizzyLiz

http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=1196342

Comment

Your picture shows a beautiful happy couple ... Hope your day is filled with happy memories.
                          TODAY IS A GOOD DAY...TO HAVE A GOOD DAY...Genny

Comment

You made a lovely couple Jean. I hope the happy memories help carry you through today. (((HUGS)))
                            *~* Myrna *~*
                            *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*

Comment

My dear friend. Happy anniversary on this bittersweet day. Rejoice in the wonderful memories, and cry if you want. I know that you and Ed had a wonderful marriage, raised 3 wonderful children, and had an amazing life together. It is never fair when our loved ones are taken from us, but try to feel joy in the knowledge that he is preparing a place for you to be together again. ((((Jean))))
                              Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X