Tee shirt quilt, 1/3/ finished

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tee shirt quilt, 1/3/ finished

One of my students asked if I would be interested in making her a quilt using 4 years worth of shirts-she's graduating in June. She could not find anyone in our city who does this work--and I am more than happy to help her out. It is a large twin size-so far the top, without a border is 105 X 60--am waiting on more of the background fabric so I can use if as a border. She wants a solid blue backing, and I will applique her initials using some of her favorite Lily Pulitzer print.
    The most challenging part will be the actual quilting--I am still not sure if I will do some FMQ or just straight stitch in the ditch.

I am very excited--it really paid off to measure and remeasure-I did not have to trim or square up anything while assembling the horizontal and vertical rows-and the top right now is a perfect rectangle--talk about LUCK!

will post photos of the back and finished item when finished-my goal is to get it done before my spring break ends and I return to work next week.

IMG_0104.jpg

Lisa

Re: Tee shirt quilt, 1/3/ finished

Looks very promising.
    At 105" long you may have to choose a bigger batting than the twin size which is 70 by 90, I think.
    Preeti
    http://sewpreetiquilts.blogspot.com/

Comment

Re: Tee shirt quilt, 1/3/ finished

Very nice! I've done two of these, and both were with men's shirts and (on request)solid blue sashing. Snore. Yours looks so lively and colorful! I did ditch quilting on one and meandered the other, and really liked the way the meandered one turned out better. They are both in my album if you want to take a peek.

I really like that lacrosse fabric!

Comment

Working...
      X