Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally Finished!!

3.jpg4.jpg7.jpg1.jpg6.jpg5.jpg

Finally got the 3 quilts I have been working on binded and pictures taken. The purple log cabin is for my Granddaughter's 1st "Big Girl" bed. The backing is black, but the lighting makes it look gray. The LAQ did a fantastic job on the quilting, but you really cant see it
    The brown quilt is for my husband, using Jenny's Jelly Charm pattern. It's made with Moda's Antique Fair charm pack and a brown Moda jelly roll. I added a sashing of tan roses from my stash. The blue quilt is a Fat Quarter pattern...Short Stack...made with 14 FQ's and some border. My 13 year old son looked through my stash and chose the FQ's...I think he did a great job in coordinating the colors and patterns!

Note to self: Change date on camera before taking more pictures! Sheeeesh!!
    ~Mary
    As ye sew, so shall ye rip.

Re: Finally Finished!!

Wow - you are on a roll Mary! I love all of them. I did a quilt with an all black backing and loved how it turned out. I'm sure these quilts will get lots of love when they get all wrapped up in them.

Hugs,
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/quiltsbytrish
    http://quiltdreaming.blogspot.com
    http://pinterest.com/TrishLapp

What if you woke up today and the only things you had were the things you thanked God for yesterday? :icon_hug:quilting trish

Comment

Wow all your quilts are beautiful. You may be able to see the quilting on the back of the one, but it really made me look at it and say WOW! What alot of quilting and well done. You have a lucky family to get those quilts. I think your son did good picking his colors too.
      :icon_wave: Sunny

Blog: www.threesmallfryprimitives.blogspot.com

Facebook: Threesmallfry Primitives

Comment

Very cool - you are very talented and you have a very lucky family!!

Comment

those r awsome..uve been a busy quilter..so very cool

Comment

Beautiful! Congrats on getting them finished! What will you make next?
            Come by and see what I'm up to on my blog...
            Summer Lee Quilts

Comment

Beautiful, every one! Your son did a great job picking his colors. The quilting is fabulous too.
              ;)Nancy

I got a sewing machine for my husband. Good trade, huh!?!

Comment

You'll have to hire out your son for color consultations! He did a great job!
                Katie's Quilting Corner - Blog, Podcast and More!
                Don't miss Free Pattern Friday posts!
                Pinterest

Comment

They are all great. Love the coluors on all of them. The quilting is really nice.
                  JVO

Comment

Feels good to get some things wrapped up! Lol about the date stamp. They are gorgeous. Love the log cabin especially
                    To quilt or not to quilt?.....what a ridiculous question!
                    Check out all things quilty at my blog here: http://www.sassyquilter.com

Comment

All three of these quilts are beautiful! Great job. And kudos to your son in choosing those colors!
                      When life throws you scraps, make a quilt! :icon_bigsmile:

Comment

you've been busy! they look great!
                        “What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world, is and remains immortal.”

― Albert Pine

Comment

Great job!! Doesn't it feel good when different projects are finished and the mind is open for new projects???
                          sigpicgreetings from the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg

Michèle

Comment

I've got a quilting bucket list...so many "want to do's" and so little extra time to do them.

Thanks everyone for the wonderful comments...I really appreciate it!
                            ~Mary
                            As ye sew, so shall ye rip.

Comment

Originally posted by mrswindy4 View Post
                              [ATTACH=CONFIG]5432[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]5430[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]5429[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]5428[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]5427[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]5431[/ATTACH]

Finally got the 3 quilts I have been working on binded and pictures taken. The purple log cabin is for my Granddaughter's 1st "Big Girl" bed. The backing is black, but the lighting makes it look gray. The LAQ did a fantastic job on the quilting, but you really cant see it
                              The brown quilt is for my husband, using Jenny's Jelly Charm pattern. It's made with Moda's Antique Fair charm pack and a brown Moda jelly roll. I added a sashing of tan roses from my stash. The blue quilt is a Fat Quarter pattern...Short Stack...made with 14 FQ's and some border. My 13 year old son looked through my stash and chose the FQ's...I think he did a great job in coordinating the colors and patterns!

Note to self: Change date on camera before taking more pictures! Sheeeesh!!

VERY nice... all of them! Congratulations on three great finishes!
                              You know you've had too much coffee when you can thread a sewing machine while it's running.

The Adventures of the Empress of the Universe... or how I learned to quilt on the internet!

Comment

Working...
                              X