X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Madeforyouinma11
    replied
    Re: Two more finished!

Thank you everyone for the wonderful comments. It was definitely an experience on both quilts. Learned so many things.

Leave a comment:

• Madeforyouinma11
    replied

Originally posted by rebeccas-sewing View Post
    I love the sweater quilt! Did you stabilize the squares before piecing it all together? I bet that's a toasty quilt! I just read your post saying they aren't wool sweaters so I imagine it wasn't necessary to stabilize the patches. It's really nice.
    I didn't stabilize them, though it might have been a little easier if I had. It wasn't too bad as far as stretch goes because I used my walking foot. The worst part was the thickness at the seams.

Leave a comment:

• Madeforyouinma11
    replied

Originally posted by cyndiofthevortex View Post
    These are awesome! Both so different, too. I've never tried the double-sided binding. How did you get it so perfect?

I love the quilting on Julia's quilt. It goes along with the happiness of the prints and pattern!
    Thank you! I followed this tutorial and it came out perfect.
    http://thepatternbasket.blogspot.com...d-with-me.html
    I didn't have to adjust anything. It was really exciting to have it all fall into place so nicely and sewing it on by hand was so much easier with the seam right at the edge.
    Last edited by Madeforyouinma11; March 31, 2014, 03:23 PM.

Leave a comment:

• rebeccas-sewing
    replied

I love the sweater quilt! Did you stabilize the squares before piecing it all together? I bet that's a toasty quilt! I just read your post saying they aren't wool sweaters so I imagine it wasn't necessary to stabilize the patches. It's really nice.
    Last edited by rebeccas-sewing; March 31, 2014, 12:41 PM.

Leave a comment:

• auntiemern
    replied

Cil, they are both wonderful. I can't imagine making quilt out of sweaters. Julia's quilt is adorable. They will both be loved.

Leave a comment:

• songbird857
    replied

Wonderful job!

Leave a comment:

• mommadeb
    replied

Those are really pretty.

Leave a comment:

• cyndiofthevortex
    replied

These are awesome! Both so different, too. I've never tried the double-sided binding. How did you get it so perfect?

I love the quilting on Julia's quilt. It goes along with the happiness of the prints and pattern!

Leave a comment:

• turena65
    replied

Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful.... I love them both!

Leave a comment:

• Cathy F
    replied

Two beautiful quilts! The one from sweaters looks so soft and warm especially with the flannel backing, my kind of quilt! Julia's bound to love her quilt, nice cheerful colors!

Leave a comment:

• Madeforyouinma11
    replied

Originally posted by Sandy Navas View Post
    Love them both. I can't imagine cutting sweaters and making a quilt - did you have any problem with unraveling? Or maybe they weren't knitted sweaters??

Love little Julia's quilt! I've done the double binding and have another quilt on the quilter right now that will be bound that way.
    Because they were not wool sweaters, I couldn't felt them, so I cut them with pinking shears and didn't have a problem with them fraying. I did get some fluff but nothing bad. Also, because they couldn't be felted, I had to be careful of stretching issues, but with the use of my walking foot, I managed to do just fine. I really love how it came out and hope she does too. I have to make her another one with all the leftover sweatshirt pieces...that one will be much easier.

Leave a comment:

• paandrus
    replied

The sweater quilt is gorgeous! What a cool idea. I bet she will cherish it.

Leave a comment:

• Bubby
    replied

Everything turned out so nice, Cil!

Leave a comment:

• QuiltingRN
    replied

They look great! Love the double side binding. Well done!

Leave a comment:

• Sandy Navas
    replied

Love them both. I can't imagine cutting sweaters and making a quilt - did you have any problem with unraveling? Or maybe they weren't knitted sweaters??

Love little Julia's quilt! I've done the double binding and have another quilt on the quilter right now that will be bound that way.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X