Done & Almost Done...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Done & Almost Done...

Finally managed to get some pictures of a few things I finished last week. First the "done" - my D9P quilt I'm donating to the bereavement group. The fabric is "noteworthy" - a little charm pack I picked up from my lqs.

95c9dc923492ca5d8c06fefa4a67d3f8.jpg

And this is my "almost done" - the double slice for my mom's "Mimi" fabric. I have a few blocks from the front designed around the label for the back, but this thing is so big now I'm having a hard time piecing the back. Can't wait to get it done and get it to a longarmer. I'm not even going to try and quilt this one. Plus - I want a pretty pattern in the quilting since it's for mom.
    322ad85a3220dffb784694d717fa5513.jpg

Thanks for looking!
    Vicki
    Is a Nine Patch part of a 12-Step program? :icon_beuj:

Re: Done & Almost Done...

I hear you about piecing the back. I just finished doing a pieced back today. My math was not perfect but it worked.

The quilts are very pretty. I would love to see your pieced back when you finish.
    Karen
    Life is short - Live everyday to the fullest

Comment

Lovely! I am partial to green so the one for your mom is my favorite. What they say is true. Whatever color you use for the border(s) really determines what color the quilt will be.
      Goodbye Europe! Hello California! Home sweet home.

Comment

ThankS Karen & Rebecca! I really am happy with the one for my mom. It came out so square and I was really worried about that since it is the biggest one I've tried so far. I really don't have the space for trimming the larger quilts. Yet.

Don't have a clue how I'm going to pull off this backing just yet. I'm hoping inspiration strikes soon. LOL
        Vicki
        Is a Nine Patch part of a 12-Step program? :icon_beuj:

Comment

Nice job Vicki, I really like the color distribution in your mom's quilt. The little one is sweet.
          sigpicMiss Sheri

For me, it's all about Love, . . . Always!

Comment

Beautifully done.. both of them!

Comment

They are both very pretty. Your mom is going to love her beautiful quilt.
              Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X