...and another Falling Charms baby quilt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

...and another Falling Charms baby quilt

Just finished this one for a coworker who's expecting. The baby's room is blues and greens and undersea stuff, although I'm betting it's softer colors. But, I figure this will work, too. It's mostly Northcott Undersea Adventures (including the backing/binding). The Caribbean blue strips were from my LQS. I have no idea what brand. I am enjoying doing these, since they go quickly, and have the potential for many, many variations. I do think I like the use of the accent square, but maybe soon I'll make one without. I used a higher loft batting for this and quilted in the ditch. I think that makes it look puffier and snugglier for the baby.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by sassygranny; March 29, 2014, 11:03 AM.

Re: ...and another Falling Charms baby quilt

Pretty and the accent square really looks cool
    Karen
    Life is short - Live everyday to the fullest

Comment

Adorable! The little squares really pop!
      🌺 Lorie

Comment

Very cute. I think this is my favorite falling charms quilt I have seen.

Comment

How. Stinking. Cute..... I love it with the accent squares... beautifully done!

Comment

Is there a special trick you used for adding the accent squares?
            🌺 Lorie

Comment

oh I love this one with the accent squares, what a great fabric and batting for a baby Great job! Probably one of my favorite patterns to, it goes together so fast. Thank you for sharing this, ideas are flying - yes do tell how to include the accent squares!

:-Debbie
              Debbie and the cats KayCee (16), Lucky Streak (11), and gods gift Sandia (8)

RIP Bonnie (18) December 2014 We had 10 loving years before you went to see your previous Meow-Mom - tell her I love you too!

Spread Sunshine with every thought, word and deed.

Comment

How cute, love the colors.

For all of those asking if there is a trick, not sure if this is the way that it was done here, but this is basically a 3 color Disappearing 9 patch. After you cut your 9 patch just lay it out in the L7L7l7 Pattern.

cut 9 patch.jpg
                K is for Karen 😊​..................
                Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
                T - is it TRUE?
                H - is it HELPFUL?
                I - is it INSPIRING?
                N - is it NECESSARY?
                K - is it KIND?

Comment

I was thinking more of how it was cut out, Like a strip of green sewn down a wide strip of blue and cut them. Was that how you did it?
                  🌺 Lorie

Comment

Hulamoon - that's how I did it. I think the nine patch trick would work, too. I haven't done any of those, so I don't think that way.

Suzette

Comment

What a great idea. So you make it like a D9P, cut it a part then lay out the rows in a Falling Charms setting. This is a wonderful quilt. Love your color choices. Adding this idea to my long list.
                      sigpicAnita G.

Comment

Originally posted by Hulamoon View Post
                        I was thinking more of how it was cut out, Like a strip of green sewn down a wide strip of blue and cut them. Was that how you did it?
                        Ohhh, another great idea. Ok making notes.
                        sigpicAnita G.

Comment

Love your fabric so much! I like the falling charms this way - a little less scrappy

Comment

Originally posted by sassygranny View Post
                            Hulamoon - that's how I did it. I think the nine patch trick would work, too. I haven't done any of those, so I don't think that way.

Suzette
                            Yey! When I saw it that's what popped in my head for some reason I have a childrens print that has been in my stash for about eight years. I bought it for clothing, like pj bottoms. It needs to be fussy cut, but your quilt just spoke to me to use it for this
                            🌺 Lorie

Comment

There is a tutorial how to do this. The way I see it, is you just need to add the cornerstone where the strips join.
                              Originally posted by MomGram View Post
                              What a great idea. So you make it like a D9P, cut it a part then lay out the rows in a Falling Charms setting. This is a wonderful quilt. Love your color choices. Adding this idea to my long list.
                              Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X