Tote Bag to match Plum Sweet Quilt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tote Bag to match Plum Sweet Quilt

We had a lot of leftover jelly roll strips and a few charms from the http://forum.missouriquiltco.com/sho...aby-quilt.html so I wanted to use them for something. I decided a lined tote bag would be doable. Little man decided at about 4AM that he had enough sleep for the night and he wanted to be awake so he and I headed down to the sewing room. He sat in his bouncy chair and I did most of the work but before breakfast this morning we had completed this matching tote bag to go with the quilt. Both sides match and it is lined with a natural colored muslin cloth. I was pretty proud of it but I brought it upstairs to show Tabatha and she made a face like, "*You* made that?!" which felt pretty good because she is supportive of my projects but she is not usually impressed by the things I make.

Here is what we came up with...

Here is the quilt.

Here is the bag.

Here they are together.
    Loosely based on a true story.

Re: Tote Bag to match Plum Sweet Quilt

Awesome. Love the fabric.
    sigpic
    Teach me your ways, Lord. Help me control
    my tongue and speak words of kindness that
    encourage and build others up.

Comment

This set is such an awesome gift!
      sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Great Work, Ryan. I love the colors and pattern of the quilt. I sure hope you and Little Man get a nice long nap in today!
        Robin
        My Pinterest Page of the Quilts I've Made: http://www.pinterest.com/rwmomto3/quilts-ive-made/

Comment

So cute! You and Little Man can create miracles!

Comment

Fantastic work there, Ryan - but we already knew that after viewing Sawyer's pictures.

Hugs to Tabatha.
            Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
            it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

Awsome... you'r hooked now... especially because a lot of this was YOU creating it in your mind as you went along... (yes I'm sure you used info from sources),,, but this kind of sewing is what I get lost in... ALL your quilts will have "totes" now (uses up all the scraps) and just think,, when Sawyer get to school and has a ton of friends,, you can save on B-Day gifts... making totes with applique initials or flowers or trucks!!! The sky is the limit... ask me how I know.. we did not have "extra" for all the parties in our neighborhood,, but the little things I made for "friends" (some of which they still are in touch with) still have the things..
              Not to sound morbid, but I've been to wakes and funerals for some of their parents,, I'll get a hug,,Hello, Mrs. Johnson,, thank you for coming... do you know I still have that little --------------, you made for me !!!!! It never ceases to amaze me and make me feel good inside!!! (our neighborhood was wonderful.. every M and D was a "parent" looking out for each other's children)..
              Hope Sawyer was an inspiration to you or at least quiet and entertained!!
              "Each day well-lived and Happy;
              that's all there is to Life!"

Comment

What a great baby gift! You did a great job, and weren't you sweet to let Tabitha sleep while you guys worked. I love those colors too.

Comment

A beautiful matching set! You did a great job!
                  If you could choose to be anything choose kindness.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
                  http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

Comment

Have to go with everyone else....AWESOME. I just order the Plum Sweet layer cake, hope my project turns out as well as this.
                    Since you're always on my mind can you straighten out the mess up there?

Comment

Sounds like you have a great partner in creating quilts and projects. Sounds like Sawyer is a happy baby....never got to create when my two were small because they wanted to be held. Bouncy chair never worked. Oh well, they are only small once. Have a blast and keep creating fun projects!
                      Connie

Our lives are like quilts – bits and pieces, joy and sorrow, stitched with love.

Comment

Working...
                      X