The First and the Most Recent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The First and the Most Recent

I started quilting just a little over 2 years ago. I wanted a new tree skirt and found a video...and made a tree skirt. Here is a picture of my first project and picture of the last one I've completed.

My first quilting project
    tree_skirt_1.jpg

My most recent finished quilt
    maple_leaf2.jpg

So for all of you that are new to quilting....I am too. So jump in with both feet and try new things, you might be amazed at what you can do.
    Last edited by buckeyequilter; March 28, 2014, 06:54 PM.
    Shirley aka buckeyequilter
    I work to support a sewing habit that I don't have time for, because I work!

Re: The first and the last...

Wait, wait, wait - let's rename this to "The First and the Most Recent"

My first is pretty much shredded and falling apart now. It got used and abused, but my dog Ginger still loves it.
    K is for Karen 😊​..................
    Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
    T - is it TRUE?
    H - is it HELPFUL?
    I - is it INSPIRING?
    N - is it NECESSARY?
    K - is it KIND?

Comment

Re: The first and the last...

Originally posted by K. McEuen View Post
      Wait, wait, wait - let's rename this to "The First and the Most Recent"

My first is pretty much shredded and falling apart now. It got used and abused, but my dog Ginger still loves it.
      Done........

Comment

Re: The First and the Most Recent

Haha, I just didn't want to think you were calling it quits!
        K is for Karen 😊​..................
        Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
        T - is it TRUE?
        H - is it HELPFUL?
        I - is it INSPIRING?
        N - is it NECESSARY?
        K - is it KIND?

Comment

Originally posted by K. McEuen View Post
          Haha, I just didn't want to think you were calling it quits!
          I thought about that after I posted it. Nope I have 2 quilts that will be finished soon.....as soon as I can quit ripping out the quilting.

Comment

Both are beautiful. You need to make your dog her own so she'll leave your stuff alone.
            Since you're always on my mind can you straighten out the mess up there?

Comment

Both are beautiful but that leaf quilt is stunning!
              Vonnie

Comment

OMG! Your work is always so beautiful. I assumed you were a lifetime quilter. All I can say is Wow!

Comment

Shirley...you are so right about jumping in with both feet. I've been piecing quilts for awhile now, started out handquilting...which I hate to do!...decided to jump in and try machine quilting...it was a struggle to start with, but has gotten easier...and now I am reaching out to the unknown and trying to quilt using something besides SID and meandering.

Your quilt is beautiful, by the way. You have definitely reached beyond your comfort area with this one. Congrats on a job well done!
                  LIVE well, LAUGH often, LOVE much

Hugs, Pat

Comment

Your quilt is just beautiful Shirley! You are really so talented... love it!

Comment

You are obviously very talented! You do beautiful work.... Your "most recent" quilt is amazing...

Sandy from Cincinnati

AKA Kermit

Comment

Thanks everyone!

One thing I am not afraid to do....is try. I cut my fabric...no matter how pretty it is, if I have fabric that I don't want to cut in small pieces I find a pattern with larger pieces. When I'm trying a new block I always get some fabric from my stash and make a practice block or 2 or 3...whatever it takes, by making those I find out if the quilt is something I really want to make and know that I can make it. My granddaughter wants a turtle quilt....the coffee filter circles may be perfect for that....thanks for sharing that Barbara/Grammababs.

My piecing isn't perfect and my quilting isn't perfect....but the people I give the quilts to don't see all that....they just see something that was handmade for them.

Comment

A wonderful turtle quilt can be made from the drunkards path block with an added tail and head done with applique.
                          https://www.google.com/search?q=turt...%3B2401%3B2313
                          Here is [hopefully] a picture of one block. I made a king size one in 30s repo fabric which took a while but I do love it.

Comment

Working...
                          X