Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My First Quilt . . . Everrrrr

Hello Dolls and Guys:

I know they say patience is a virtue but I am dying to get this over with . . . the sharing of my first ever quilt. Per the instructions I am supposed to wash it and dry it in a very hot dryer twice. Well, I've only washed it once, SO FAR. Getting ansy to share and get it over with. I realized I don't have to enumerate for you all that is not "just so", you'll see for yourself. Two things I will say though:

1) It's official, I NEED a better digital camera.
    2) I believe, in my heart of hearts, "Upcoming Gramma Baby" (it's what I call her online 'cause her mamma is not keen on my writing her name on the Internet and I respect that) won't give a hoot about points and lines

Sew, without further ado . . .
    Baby?s First Rag Quilt

Cheers,

Lyric

P. S. I think I know why Ms. Kara says to wash and dry it twice . . . the more I look at this quilt the more "strings and things" I see to pull off. Oh my, will it ever end?
    sigpic

http://www.sewlyricallyvintage.wordpress.com

"Being a great quilter is 5% talent and 95% pushing yourself away from the internet!" ~ Angel Bear

Re: My First Quilt . . . Everrrrr

That is really cute and I think it looks great!! The more I see rag quilts the more I want to make one they look perfect for curling up with

Comment

Congratulations...very pretty!!!
      sigpicWHEN THE STITCHES ARE PERFECT....THAT'S GOD'S WORK

Comment

Baby and mama are going to love it!!! It is so cute - I love rag quilts. They were some of my first projects. You did good! What are you thinking about doing next?
        Lisa

M*QC forum is full of the best people!

I'm not just buying fabric, I am supporting the economy...

A bad day in the sewing room is better than a good day at the office.

Comment

Great Job! And don't be so scared to share
          🌺 Lorie

Comment

That is really cute! You did a very good job!

Comment

You dolls have been very kind. Thank you.

Originally posted by ilive2craft2 View Post
              Baby and mama are going to love it!!! It is so cute - I love rag quilts. They were some of my first projects. You did good! What are you thinking about doing next?
              Funny thing about my "next" project. It's my FIRST project. When I decided to learn to quilt in November, my teacher suggested I cut up 2.5" strips for my first "scrap" quilt. Well, very shortly after doing that I met the dolls and guys here and started reading everything I could on quilting. I wound up making my second quilt before the first one.

I'm going to complete my first - first quilt. From a discussion yesterday I now know it will be the courthouse steps pattern (hate the name; love the quilt block). I'm sew excited about it and decided to not over think points meeting. But, I will give it the old school try.
              sigpic

"Being a great quilter is 5% talent and 95% pushing yourself away from the internet!" ~ Angel Bear

Comment

Originally posted by lyric View Post
                You dolls have been very kind. Thank you.

Funny thing about my "next" project. It's my FIRST project. When I decided to learn to quilt in November, my teacher suggested I cut up 2.5" strips for my first "scrap" quilt. Well, very shortly after doing that I met the dolls and guys here and started reading everything I could on quilting. I wound up making my second quilt before the first one.

I'm going to complete my first - first quilt. From a discussion yesterday I now know it will be the courthouse steps pattern (hate the name; love the quilt block). I'm sew excited about it and decided to not over think points meeting. But, I will give it the old school try.
                You're quilt turned out very nice and cuddly looking - your grandbaby will love it.

By the way, once you make a quilt, no matter what the pattern is, you can give your quilt any name you want to. It does not have to be called Court House Steps Quilt. It could be Lyric's Rainbow Quilt, etc...
                Vonnie

Comment

so cute your gramma baby will love it!

Comment

What are you thinking about doing next?
                    How about this for a number 3 project?

Upcoming Gramma's Baby has her name written all over one. I am ISO stencils for the lettering. Have no clue where to get 'em.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by lyric View Post
                      Upcoming Gramma's Baby has her name written all over one. I am ISO stencils for the lettering. Have no clue where to get 'em.
                      I like it! You may have a font on your computer you like - just make it as big as you need it and print it out - can do one or two letters per page, depending on size. I have to admit that I have not tried this, but have read many blogs on how easy it is to do. You are really bitten by this quilting bug! I love hearing the excitement in your posts. I get very excited about each project too!
                      Lisa

M*QC forum is full of the best people!

I'm not just buying fabric, I am supporting the economy...

A bad day in the sewing room is better than a good day at the office.

Comment

Well done on your first quilt, it looks so cute and cuddly for your new Grandbaby
                        ​Robyn

Comment

You are really bitten by this quilting bug! I love hearing the excitement in your posts. I get very excited about each project too!

Giggles, thanks ilive2craft! How so very cute of you to say. Shooot, girl, I'd love to host a Quilt Sistah gathering. Oh yeah, I've got some choice names I'd invite too (look in the mirror for one of 'em). It would be a hoot 'cause I know how to throw a partay!!!!

Hugzzzz,

Lyric
                          sigpic

Comment

Great job on your "first" quilt! Your grandbaby will love it!

Comment

lyric a good place to find letters to quilt with id the poster section of walmart/target/kmart....school supplies
                              :icon_wave::icon_woohoo:Kellie:icon_hi:

Comment

Working...
                              X