Struck Gold at an Estate Sale!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Struck Gold at an Estate Sale!

I went to a quilter's estate sale this past Friday about 30 minute away..........and was so glad I did!!

I've been wanting some black & white prints so I was very happy to find these fabrics. There are some HST blocks & assorted size pieces.....some 1/4 yard and more.

P1011730.jpg

And of course, while I was there I had to pick up these other pretty fabrics.........you know.......to help out the estate sale......and I "needed" them!

P1011737.jpg P1011738.jpg

Can't wait to start on a black & white quilt!
    "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
    Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Re: Struck Gold at an Estate Sale!

WHERE ARE YOU FINDING THESE WONDERFUL ESTATE SALES????? They have plenty of them around here, but I usually only find rusty farm equipment and thousands of mismatched dishes!!!!
    Judy

Comment

You are so lucky to have found that sale. We don't seem to have any sales with quilters materials in them around here. Happy quilting.

Comment

WOW! Lucky girl!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by jsmetcalf View Post
          WHERE ARE YOU FINDING THESE WONDERFUL ESTATE SALES????? They have plenty of them around here, but I usually only find rusty farm equipment and thousands of mismatched dishes!!!!
          Same here Judy....except for the one sale where I bought my sewing studio last year. No good sewing bargains found since then.
          *~* Myrna *~*
          *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*

Comment

WOW What a haul! Congratulations, they would never me see come out from behind my cutting mat and sewing machine. Good for you!

Comment

Nice. That is some quality black and white fabric. Happy day for you.
              Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

Comment

Did you ever SCORE! Your fabrics are so nice...they look like very good quality. I love the little cowboy print...darling! The blacks/whites are gorgeous!
                sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Very nice. I'm with the others, there aren't estate sales, garage sales or auctions around that have fabric. I'm looking forward to seeing the black and white quilt when you get it done.

I have a friend who is dealing with an aunt who is a hoarder including fabric. The problem is she just threw the bags of fabric into the house or shed so we're not sure how much of the fabric will even be useable. She has been sorting for several weeks.

Comment

What a lucky day for you! Congratulations. Have fun playing with your new stash!

Comment

Lucky girl!
                      sigpic

Comment

Nice black and white prints, but I love the needle and thread print! Too cute!

Comment

Wow! Those are great finds. I think I also need to try harder to find some estate sales around - even if I have to drive.
                          Renee

Be kind. For everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle ~ Plato:)

Comment

nice haul! Where DO you find out about these great sales???? I want to find one near me.....

Comment

Great find!
                              Leslie :lol:

Comment

Working...
                              X