Quilt of Valor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quilt of Valor

I am loving this project. I decided to make a quilt of Valor for 3 very special people. The first is for my Brother who was in Vietnam, and the other 2 are for a good friend who also served in Man and his son who is still in the service . These 3 quilts will are going to be person specific. My brother was in the Navy Seabees; the symbol is a bee with a machine gun and tools. I am in the process of making stars to border the center applique, but so far so good.

IMG_20140315_194852_233.jpg

Jackie Gross
    :icon_wave:

Re: Quilt of Valor

I love your idea and design! What size are they going to be?
    🌺 Lorie

Comment

I want it to be queen size...any suggestions?

Comment

Jackiegross,
        I think it's terrific that you are going to honor your family and friends with quilts for their service. A word of advice, however: If you are going to register this with the Quilts of Valor website, you need to check the size requirements before you make it a queen size as I think that may be too large. The website is Basic QOV Requirements.
        Good luck with your project and thank those men for me for their service. I feel very strongly about that as a daughter of a WWII veteran. I know how proud it makes him to have someone thank him for his service. He's the reason I got involved with the Quilts of Valor project.

Comment

Thank you for the advice. I will check it out right now.

Jackie

Comment

What a special project. Love the quilt. Wonderful job so far can't wait to see the finished quilts.
            sigpicAnita G.

Comment

I have only made 3 and presented to 3 special guys but they were a blessing to make. In order to register them with QOV they need to follow their guidelines in size, fabric, batting and quilting and label, also should make a pillowcase bag to present them in. Their website has all the info you need for them. It is a very rewarding program, our sewing group has started making them for veterans in our county or for anyone that we know who is a veteran.

Comment

Working...
              X