Another Doctor Who Tardis Quilt top finished

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another Doctor Who Tardis Quilt top finished

I finally finished my Tardis quilt. I had such fun making it. It's based on a quilt design from Quilts of a Feather.

Quilts of a Feather: TARDIS Quilt design

I made a few changes, but it's mostly the same. I was surprised at how easy it was because it looks complicated. It will be a little while before I quilt it because it's for my husband and he wants the backing to be made of hexiamonds (which are groups of 6 triangles). He's very mathy. Anyway, for the quilting I'm planning to use yellowish thread on the light to make it look like it's on. Then I'm going to do a panel or two of Galifreyian and one that has a graffiti looking "Bad Wolf". I'm not sure what I'm going to do with the remaining ones - maybe just do something that looks like wood grain. Then I'm planning to do swirlys in the black star area. It's fairly large so I'm hoping I can wrestle it through my machine.

Anyway, here are the pics. Sorry about the lighting...I have to take pictures after the kids have gone to bed or they insist on "helping." I hope they show up. :-)

IMG_2807.jpgIMG_2820.jpgIMG_2821.jpg

Re: Another Doctor Who Tardis Quilt top finished

A - MAZ - ING!

I am such a Doctor Who nut. I can't begin to tell you how much I love your quilt.
    Toni ... If I keep sewing long enough, will they make their own dinner?

Comment

Wonderful! My daughter would be CRAZY for this quilt

Comment

Looks Great. You've done an amazing job on it.
        HUGS,
        Lenore

"I'm not crazy. My Mother had me tested." (Dr Sheldon Cooper)

Comment

Mind boggling! Your quilts are always a treat (I am a secret lurker and reader of your blog)
          Sewing mends the soul.
          sigpic

Do the math; count your blessings
          Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
          ~ Madeleine L'Engle

Comment

Wow! I love this quilt. LOVE it!!!! My sons would flip over it. I can't wait to see it quilted.

I would love to try to do this but I am nowhere near that level. One day . . . one day.

Comment

Very interesting and uber creative...love it!
              sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

OMG! Can't let Zander see this! Fantastic and way passed this Oma's skill level.

Beyond a great job, you'll have to post a photo after it's quilted.
                sigpic Visit my fabric shopping cart YardageALaCarte.com - PM me for a 25% Off your Total Purchase Code, just mention "The Forum" in your message. Huggers, Ruby

Comment

Very Creative!
                  sigpic:icon_hug: Iris Girl = April = fabric, Fabric FABRIC!!
                  Time spent with cats is never wasted.
                  Sigmund Freud

Comment

OMG! AMAZING!! BEAUTIFUL!! AWESOME!!! You are one talented lady!! Whenever I look at your work my jaw always drops and I admire you because not only do you do beautiful work...but you find time for this all as well as being a mother and wife!! Me...I'm an empty nester and I still can't find the courage to quilt my own quilts!! Keep up the great work.....Patti

Comment

Thank you everyone for your kinds words. I think some of you may be mistaking me for someone else though. I'm just a newbie and I don't have a blog. This is only my third quilt top I've made and I think this is the first one I've posted. Thank you for thinking it looks like an experienced quilter made it though! It was so much fun to make.

Comment

Trillium Design: Doctor Who Along ~ And that's a wrap!

For all the "Whovians" out there, and if you like English Paper piecing check out the above site. The most time consuming for me was the Weeping Angel. This block has lots of little pieces but so worth it.

Jackie
                        :icon_wave:

Comment

*faints*

Oh em gee, have to make this one day!!! It looks fantastic. I'd love to sleep "in" my own Tardis. HUGE Dr Who fan ofc.
                          ~ Anna ~

My Pinterest

Comment

Originally posted by Jackiegross View Post
                            Trillium Design: Doctor Who Along ~ And that's a wrap!

For all the "Whovians" out there, and if you like English Paper piecing check out the above site. The most time consuming for me was the Weeping Angel. This block has lots of little pieces but so worth it.

Jackie
                            That is definalty going on my "have to do"-list! Thanks
                            ~ Anna ~

My Pinterest

Comment

Working...
                            X