hearts quilt finished

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hearts quilt finished

My Hearts Quilt for my son and his parner is finished! Its the first full isze quilt I've ever mad and I have to say that I'm very pleased with the way it turned out. Its hand pieced then machine quilted. I'm a new quilter so didn't feel confident enough to try to squeeze a full isze quilt into my machine. I made it inot stripts, quilted each strip then joined them using quilt as you go method.
    There are loads of mistakes - but I've learned heaps by doing it and loved (mostly) every stitch.

They don't know about it and are coming over for dinner tonight and I'll give it to them then. I must admit I'llbe quite sad to see it go after working on it most nights and weekends for the last 5 months.

I've tried to attach pictures but I'm not sure if i've managed.

IMG_0711.jpgIMG_0709.jpgIMG_0703.jpg

Re: hearts quilt finished

Beautiful colors and hearts to love. I am sure it will become a treasured quilt in their home
    Karen
    Life is short - Live everyday to the fullest

Comment

Really pretty! They're sure to love it.

Comment

Both the front and back look great! Your son and his partner sure will love and cherish it!

Comment

It's stunning!! They will treasure it I'm sure!
          Mary
          SW Missouri

Smile and the world smiles with you, frown and you frown alone.

Comment

Your quilt came out so pretty, I love it.
            Good friends are like quilts, they age with you but, never lose their warmth

Lori

Comment

Absolutely lovely!

Comment

Incredible! Fantastic! Love it!!!
                ~Kathy~

Comment

Beautiful, you did a great job.
                  Vicki C:icon_hi:

Comment

Very pretty. I love your bright colors and the cute pattern too.

Comment

Very pretty! Make sure you let us know what their reaction was...post more pics of them with the quilt.
                      Cil
                      A quilt is a blanket of love
                      http://www.pinterest.com/cil3612/boards/
                      http://www.creativelyhomemade.etsy.com/

Comment

Awesome Quilt! They will love it.
                        Success is liking yourself, liking what you do, and liking how you do it.
                        Maya Angelou

~Megan~

Comment

Very pretty. They are sure to love it.
                          ~ Tracy

Comment

What a gorgeous quilt! You've just jolted me out of my slump, maybe :-). Beautiful work - my first quilts were hand pieced and very first were also hand quilted. What a labor of love. Your fabric choices are yummy!

Can't wait to hear the reaction - make sure you share!
                            There's still time to change the road you're on - Led Zeppelin, "Stairway to Heaven"

Comment

I don't see a label...?

Originally posted by eileeng2 View Post
                              My Hearts Quilt for my son and his parner is finished! Its the first full isze quilt I've ever mad and I have to say that I'm very pleased with the way it turned out. Its hand pieced then machine quilted. I'm a new quilter so didn't feel confident enough to try to squeeze a full isze quilt into my machine. I made it inot stripts, quilted each strip then joined them using quilt as you go method.
                              There are loads of mistakes - but I've learned heaps by doing it and loved (mostly) every stitch.

They don't know about it and are coming over for dinner tonight and I'll give it to them then. I must admit I'llbe quite sad to see it go after working on it most nights and weekends for the last 5 months.

I've tried to attach pictures but I'm not sure if i've managed.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]71648[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]71649[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]71651[/ATTACH]
                              There's still time to change the road you're on - Led Zeppelin, "Stairway to Heaven"

Comment

Working...
                              X