Quilted Fabric Bowl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quilted Fabric Bowl

This is a pattern I posted about on last week's Free Pattern Friday and I had to do it! It was so much fun. Now I just need to find something to use it for in my sewing room. It is too pretty to just cover up with stuff!
    Katie's Quilting Corner - Blog, Podcast and More!
    Don't miss Free Pattern Friday posts!
    Pinterest

Re: Quilted Fabric Bowl

Very cool. I just took a look at the tutorial and it does not look as hard as what I thought it might be. I think I will have to give it a try.
    JVO

Comment

Really cool! I'll have to check out the tutorial! Thanks for sharing something so different and special .
      There's still time to change the road you're on - Led Zeppelin, "Stairway to Heaven"

Comment

Originally posted by JVO View Post
        Very cool. I just took a look at the tutorial and it does not look as hard as what I thought it might be. I think I will have to give it a try.
        I wanna see photos of your creation if you do it! The most time consuming part was cutting out everything (batting, 2 fabrics for each panel and heavyweight interfacing).

Originally posted by debinmalaga View Post
        Really cool! I'll have to check out the tutorial! Thanks for sharing something so different and special .
        NP! I love my fabric bowls. Great way to showcase special fabrics in a unique way.
        Pinterest

Comment

Love it!. Is this 2 different bowls or the flip side of one bowl. If it's one, it's extra cool that you can flip it out to the other side. Going to have to put this one on the bucket list.
          ;)Nancy

I got a sewing machine for my husband. Good trade, huh!?!

Comment

your bowls are very pretty! I like the way the flower is centered in each section on the top bowl. such pretty colors.

I made similar ones as Christmas gifts once. fun to make but boy do you go thru the thread!
            “What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world, is and remains immortal.”

― Albert Pine

Comment

Very cool pattern. Are the sides nice and strong? Could you put fruit in it on the table?

Heather
              🍄 Heather🍄

Comment

Originally posted by Loonwatcher View Post
                Love it!. Is this 2 different bowls or the flip side of one bowl. If it's one, it's extra cool that you can flip it out to the other side. Going to have to put this one on the bucket list.
                It is one bowl - totally reversible. It reverses easily too!

Originally posted by Heather1967 View Post
                Very cool pattern. Are the sides nice and strong? Could you put fruit in it on the table?

Heather
                They are relatively strong - the sides just aren't steep enough to really hold a lot of stuff. The pattern does call for heavy-weight interfacing and that helps a bit but it isn't going to hold TONS of heavy stuff. I might use it as a candy basket for work or to hold scraps in my sewing room.
                Pinterest

Comment

Your bowl turned out so cute! Using it for fabric scraps is a nice idea.
                  Patti
                  "Like" me on Facebook @ Sweet Cherry Quilting to help spread the love of all things crafty and quilted!

Comment

I went to your blog and downloaded the pattern. I'm gonna give this a try. It looks like fun! Thanks for sharing.
                    When life throws you scraps, make a quilt! :icon_bigsmile:

Comment

Originally posted by Katherine Vickery Ringo View Post

This is a pattern I posted about on last week's Free Pattern Friday and I had to do it! It was so much fun. Now I just need to find something to use it for in my sewing room. It is too pretty to just cover up with stuff!
                      VERY cool.... thanks for sharing the link to the tutorial!
                      You know you've had too much coffee when you can thread a sewing machine while it's running.

The Adventures of the Empress of the Universe... or how I learned to quilt on the internet!

Comment

I took some better photos so you can see the shape of the bowl:

Pinterest

Comment

These bowls are great!
                          ;)Nancy

I got a sewing machine for my husband. Good trade, huh!?!

Comment

Working...
                          X