Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's on your design wall now?

What is everyone working on?

I have 2 in process right now. I had my Fons & Porter design wall up on command hooks and it was full of the black and white square in a square and I wanted to start on a baby quilt for a guy at work, so I just got another one and hung it over the first one. I can roll the top one up out of the way with binder clips if I want to work on the other one. I may put up some more command hooks over the closet, but this is working for me for now.

Here are the pics of what is on the design walls. I don't think this is the final layout of either one....

IMG_1551.jpg IMG_1553.jpg

I am a terrible photographer - the top row is only partially showing on the black and white one.
    Lisa

M*QC forum is full of the best people!

I'm not just buying fabric, I am supporting the economy...

A bad day in the sewing room is better than a good day at the office.

Re: What's on your design wall now?

Lisa I love the idea of hanging one design wall over another. I have two projects going right now myself one is a full size Irish Chain and the other is a quilt I am making out of vintage handkerchiefs.

I really like both of your quilts. I was given a black and white fat quarter bundle for my birthday and still looking for the right pattern to make with them.

Comment

The black and white one is from a swap last year - I joined both the charm and strip swap and got lots of great patterns. I have lots of both left after this one. Can't decide on another pattern yet - I love black and white!
      Lisa

M*QC forum is full of the best people!

I'm not just buying fabric, I am supporting the economy...

A bad day in the sewing room is better than a good day at the office.

Comment

Now isn't that smart!! And here I was proud of myself for actually breaking down and getting a real design wall....my window blind version just is not big enough. I had to hang it out in my hallway right before the sewing room, but that's okay. Right now though, it's empty! I had my chevron on it yesterday, and am going to be moving my hexagon flower quilt to it this weekend. Well, after bunco tomorrow, that is!

Hmmmmmm.....wonder what I will use my 40% coupon on next time!
        pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

I am working on FMQ quilting my Koi Garden quilt. Here is a picture of the work in process.

quilt 001.JPGquilt 002.JPGI also just finished picking out the fabric from my stash for for my first piecing project of the year. It will be called Inferno (free pattern available for download at Connectingthreads.com) and I will be using all red, black, batiks with orange-yellow cornerstones. Smoking hot baby!
          Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

Comment

I'm at the point my design wall is empty. I'm sashing blocks to put together the D4P I've been working on. I have the material laid out that I'm going to start on next. It is cat themed for a friend. She picked out the colors and I found the backing material.

GEDC0081.JPG GEDC0082.JPG GEDC0083.JPG

GEDC0084.JPG GEDC0085.JPG GEDC0086.JPG

I have a block of the month to do for April and then I have a quilt kit I purchased. It is the Hasbro Monopoly material. So I have a few things lined up to keep me entertained.

Comment

Let's see I have a baby quilt to quilt this weekend, why I await the arrival of my Aurifil 40wt. to come in, I have cut into my Scrumptious fabric for a throw I will be making!! I really need a design wall!
              Attached Files

Comment

Lisa, I recognize some of the fabrics in your B&W one, haha, I am still deciding what to do with mine from the swap, but I think I could make two or three quilts with as much B & W fabric as I have now accumulated. LOVE YOURS! That pattern is one I WILL do, pretty sure.

Right now, My design wall is put away, as I share a bit of the 'Man Cave' for my sewing spot, and right now, its all March Madness! [My bracket is doing pretty well so far though, Ha!] So, I am working on small sized projects that I can lay out on my table. . . some little quiltlets for the Bereavement Group, and trying out my first effort for Marilyn's NICU/PICU group. I must say, it is very satisfying work.
                sigpicMiss Sheri

For me, it's all about Love, . . . Always!

Comment

Originally posted by Misses.M View Post
                  Let's see I have a baby quilt to quilt this weekend, why I await the arrival of my Aurifil 40wt. to come in, I have cut into my Scrumptious fabric for a throw I will be making!! I really need a design wall!
                  Love, Love, LOVE that sweet baby quilt!
                  sigpicMiss Sheri

For me, it's all about Love, . . . Always!

Comment

Originally posted by Miss Sheri View Post
                    Love, Love, LOVE that sweet baby quilt!
                    Thank you! The fabric sure is adorable!!

Comment

Love the black & white quilt, and absolutely love that Dino print!!

Comment

Lisa........love your 2 quilt projects........especially the black & white!

What's on my design wall.............not near enough! I've been dragging my feet.....hopefully I will get back to my projects after the book sale next weekend!
                        "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
                        Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Comment

Absolutely nothing! I cleaned it off Thursday, and tidied up the studio nice I won't be there for 2-3 weeks except to pop I and check the mail.

I had surgery yesterday and can't drive for a while, as well as all the usual can't lift, push, pull, squat, strain, etc stuff you can do.
                          "You've never really learned to live until you've done something for someone for which they can never repay you." ~Ralph Hall

"Party like a BLOCK-STAR"

Comment

I need to get this off my design table! Too many pieces!image.jpg inspired by Sochi Olympics, after the shenigans going on over in Russia, I lost my mojo in finishing this.

Comment

I have 2 projects on my wall . One batik runner that just needs borders and sandwiching. the other is my Rock Candy topper. Both should be done this weekend.
                              sigpic:icon_hug: Iris Girl = April = fabric, Fabric FABRIC!!
                              Time spent with cats is never wasted.
                              Sigmund Freud

Comment

Working...
                              X