Quilts4Kids

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quilts4Kids

These are several Quilts4Kids a service group in our quilt guild. Materials are donated. Guild helps buy batting and some backs are bought with donations. We do a lot of strip piecing, turning 20'. Some are QAYG and some are quilted by local long arm quilters. These quilts go to foster kids, youth home,Emma's House that helps kids in the court system,fire trucks, police and Search & Rescue. I have finished 7 of what I call random log cabin. 2 1/2 solid block center. The strips are 1 1/2 and you sew them together and roll them in a flat rolls until ready to sew. Really uses up ugly and odd strips. Solid orange and neons don't blend well but most other scraps do. I do these QAYG.image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Re: Quilts4Kids

Great thing you're doing! They all look awesome!
    ~Kathy~

Comment

Nice! I've known some of these sweet kids through my preschool, and at the high school where I am now, a school cook. They tend to have so little that is constant in there lives, there own beautiful quilts to keep and treasure is a wonderful gift indeed! Yours are beautiful!
      sigpicMiss Sheri

For me, it's all about Love, . . . Always!

Comment

Love your quilts! I think quilters are the most generous group of people I know.
        Lisa

M*QC forum is full of the best people!

I'm not just buying fabric, I am supporting the economy...

A bad day in the sewing room is better than a good day at the office.

Comment

Love the quilts and what you are doing. Nothing in the world like making a child smile with a quilty hug of their own.
          Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
          sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X