• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nidan_07
    replied
    Re: Making a Queen or King Size Jelly Roll Race Quilt

Originally posted by Jean Sewing Machine View Post
    Lenore, had to laugh at your comment about math, I made an on camera mistake trying to multiply without a calculator! 44 times 3 I think is 132, I said 142. Hope people do the full computations for them selves and use a calculator and don't listen to me! I did very poorly at math while in school, so this surprises me that I can figure this stuff out!
    Well you did really well. FYI I will always use a calculator, and I do have spell check, but could not resist use of "Jeanius" instead of genius.

Leave a comment:

• Jean Sewing Machine
    replied

Originally posted by Nidan_07 View Post
    Jean, I really enjoyed these tutorials, as I have wondered about how to make these bigger. Not only are you a great quilter and seamstress, you're also a Jeanious at Maths!!
    I hope you enjoyed your latest visit to my place, and the change of pace from showing me again and again how to put zippers in Totes.
    Thanks for taking the time to make the video.
    Now we need to get some big lots stores here.
    Lenore, had to laugh at your comment about math, I made an on camera mistake trying to multiply without a calculator! 44 times 3 I think is 132, I said 142. Hope people do the full computations for them selves and use a calculator and don't listen to me! I did very poorly at math while in school, so this surprises me that I can figure this stuff out!

Leave a comment:

• Nidan_07
    replied

Jean, I really enjoyed these tutorials, as I have wondered about how to make these bigger. Not only are you a great quilter and seamstress, you're also a Jeanious at Maths!!
    I hope you enjoyed your latest visit to my place, and the change of pace from showing me again and again how to put zippers in Totes.
    Thanks for taking the time to make the video.
    Now we need to get some big lots stores here.

Leave a comment:

• Jean Sewing Machine
    replied

The idea came to me when we were discussing how to make them larger, I'm glad I finally got a chance to try the methd out and wanted to share it.

Leave a comment:

• iluvbaking
    replied

Thanks so much for your generosity in sharing your easy-to-manage method for making a larger JRR quilt!

Leave a comment:

• Jean Sewing Machine
    replied

Thanks for all of you who took time to watch! Hope this helps for those who want to make the larger jelly roll race quilts.

Leave a comment:

• TRLSRL72
    replied

Thank you for taking the time to do this. I bought several jelly rolls from Big Lots and now I know exactly what I am going to do with them.

Leave a comment:

• Jean Sewing Machine
    replied

Originally posted by Misses.M View Post
    Beautiful!! And Big Lots has fabric???!?!?
    They did have a lot of jelly rolls, fat quarters, rolled 1 yard pieces and charms. I went back this week to look, and the supply was very limited, only 3 jelly rolls, one rolled 1 yard bold, some charm packs and fat quarters. They were well stocked a year ago, the stock has dwindled. As with all things at Big Lots, once it's gone, you'll never see it again!

Leave a comment:

• Jean Sewing Machine
    replied

Originally posted by easyquilts View Post
    I'm watching the videos now, and love them... Thanks for all your hard work....

Thanks for the tip on how to avoid twists... Last time, I actually did some pinning, but your method looks easier...
    Sandy do as I say, not as I do! I actually had 2 twists in one of those sections, the one I was making in the demo! The first was easy, the second one was harder to untangle!

Leave a comment:

• easyquilts
    replied

Thanks for the tip on how to avoid twists... Last time, I actually did some pinning, but your method looks easier...

Leave a comment:

• easyquilts
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Misses.M
    replied

Beautiful!! And Big Lots has fabric???!?!?

Leave a comment:

• LynneLeavell
    replied

Jean your quilt looks great. Will watch the steps later tonight when I am at home and can concentrate. Thank you in advance for you time that you put into this.

Leave a comment:

• EnumclawGramma
    replied

Jean this is wonderful! I loved watching this! You did such a wonderful job on it and making the viewer believe they can do it (that's ME!)

Leave a comment:

• Jean Sewing Machine
    replied

Originally posted by Bubby View Post
    I just watched all 5 segments of your tutorial and love it!! I like the concept of making the larger JRRs in three sections to avoid having to wrestle with one large, awkward top. Great job, Jean!
    Thanks, Barb! It was really easy to work with the smaller sections!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X