Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I-Spy obsession!!!!

ispy.jpg

So an I-Spy quilt was my first ever quilt that I made following a pattern. It required 88 different I-spy squares in which I became and still am almost obsessed with finding/collecting. I think I probably have close to 200 different ones if not more.
    Well this is the pattern that I use D9P and while I love it I am wondering if anyone else has made one with a different pattern that they like?? I've seen the polaroid block which I also love but looking for any sort of good ideas that you guys would share!!
    I am thinking of making a massive one including all the different ones I have for my 2 boys but not sure what would look good??

Re: I-Spy obsession!!!!

That is a neat quilt. I had not heard of an I Spy quilt until a month or so ago. Everything I think of it, I think how awesome it would be to help a child in the hospital as a distraction.

Comment

Originally posted by Simply Quilting View Post
      That is a neat quilt. I had not heard of an I Spy quilt until a month or so ago. Everything I think of it, I think how awesome it would be to help a child in the hospital as a distraction.
      I love the idea of making some for hospitals!!! I just might have to look into that

Comment

Love your I-spy quilt. I just got another layer cake I-spy from the DD. These make such cute quilts for kids and keeps them busy trying to find things. The sashing and corner blocks make this such an interesting quilt. Nice job!

Comment

That's really cute! I Googled images one time for my squares and there is a bunch of ideas.
          🌺 Lorie

Comment

Originally posted by Sharyn J View Post
            Love your I-spy quilt. I just got another layer cake I-spy from the DD. These make such cute quilts for kids and keeps them busy trying to find things. The sashing and corner blocks make this such an interesting quilt. Nice job!
            I got that same DD you are talking about!! Quite a few cute prints in there and I am excited to make another. I do have to remake my oldest kids one (my first 1-spy) due to a few ripped seams and general unhappiness with how it turned out. He is so excited to be able to go through all of the fabric and pick out the ones he would like and I will take him with to pick out the backing

Comment

Originally posted by Hulamoon View Post
              That's really cute! I Googled images one time for my squares and there is a bunch of ideas.
              Thank you And I will have to google some ideas

Comment

Jenny did a tutorial for I Spy quilts and she made them into canning jars....really cute. She did dark and light versions. Really cute!
                sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Originally posted by Bubby View Post
                  Jenny did a tutorial for I Spy quilts and she made them into canning jars....really cute. She did dark and light versions. Really cute!
                  Off to search for it now. Thanks

Comment

This is one I want to make using all bug fabrics. I LOVE it! It's on my list....but a ways down!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvqP...IzuAw&index=25
                    sigpic~~Libby~~

Quilters make great comforters.

Friendship is sewn with love and measured by kindness.

Comment

I think we were all typing at the same time! LOL!
                      sigpic~~Libby~~

Quilters make great comforters.

Friendship is sewn with love and measured by kindness.

Comment

Originally posted by EnumclawGramma View Post
                        I think we were all typing at the same time! LOL!
                        LOL!! I am watching the I-Spy Tutorial now and that would be ADORABLE with different bug fabric!!! GREAT....another thing I want to make

Comment

What a cute quilt! I love it... which is why I bought the DD layer cake last week... can't wait to make some of these!

Comment

Here is the blog link if anyone is interested in this

Obsessively Stitching: Disappearing Nine-Patch: I-Spy Version

Comment

I love Jenny's version and will be making that in my future, but another one I saw looked like a charm pack quilt in the center, and the border was a piano key border, made out of matching fabrics as in the center. It became a memory/matching game. Super cute. Yours is adorable! Isn't funny how when you get bit by the 'I spy' bug, all fabric is viewed with an 'I spy' potential?
                              sigpicMiss Sheri

For me, it's all about Love, . . . Always!

Comment

Working...
                              X