Mickey Mouse quilt..a group project..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mickey Mouse quilt..a group project..

The daughter of a member of another board that i'm on... requested info about making a quilt for her Mom... who is not feeling well, a member of our group as well, and big into "doing things for others"...Her Mom LOVES all things Mickey Mouse... Her note just tugged at me... so with a little effort some wonderful members sent me "Mickey blocks".. my job was to put it all into a quilt...
    I am what i call an "art quilter"... meaning.. i start out with a pattern or idea and get lost in the creation of something from my mind!!!! (as opposed to saying i don't follow directions well and always dance to a different drummer)
    I'm very happy with this quilt... just sent it out yesterday,, and can't wiat to hear how her Mom likes it.. the Mom's B-day is May 19... it's gonna make it there for that...bj
    Attached Files
    "Each day well-lived and Happy;
    that's all there is to Life!"

Re: Mickey Mouse quilt..a group project..

Very nice..and a very thoughtful gift!
    Angela:icon_bigsmile:

Comment

Very very, nice! Great job!
      JVO

Comment

Cute and she will absolutely love it!! Loved your definition of an "art quilter"!

Comment

Wonderful Quilt, Great Job, very thoughtful.

Comment

Very pretty and how thoughtful. Nice job.

"Art quilter" - hmmmm, that must be what I am.
            ;)Nancy

I got a sewing machine for my husband. Good trade, huh!?!

Comment

thank you... it's good to know i'm not alone!!!!! as an AQ!!!!!
              "Each day well-lived and Happy;
              that's all there is to Life!"

Comment

how cool is that. great job. how could u not love mickey mouse and disney!

Comment

Originally posted by GrammaBabs View Post
                  The daughter of a member of another board that i'm on... requested info about making a quilt for her Mom... who is not feeling well, a member of our group as well, and big into "doing things for others"...Her Mom LOVES all things Mickey Mouse... Her note just tugged at me... so with a little effort some wonderful members sent me "Mickey blocks".. my job was to put it all into a quilt...
                  I am what i call an "art quilter"... meaning.. i start out with a pattern or idea and get lost in the creation of something from my mind!!!! (as opposed to saying i don't follow directions well and always dance to a different drummer)
                  I'm very happy with this quilt... just sent it out yesterday,, and can't wiat to hear how her Mom likes it.. the Mom's B-day is May 19... it's gonna make it there for that...bj
                  What a wonderful idea, a wonderful thing to do, and a gorgeous quilt that will be loved and cherished!
                  You know you've had too much coffee when you can thread a sewing machine while it's running.

The Adventures of the Empress of the Universe... or how I learned to quilt on the internet!

Comment

Working...
                  X