Have you seen this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have you seen this?

Eleanor Burns used this in her Mystery Quilt Part 3 Webinar( see Swedish Leo's post with the link for this. http://forum.missouriquiltco.com/gen...rns-enjoy.html). She has a bad shoulder and rotary cutting is hard for her. This is a new cutter/ ruler combo that looks so easy to use! I ordered it, I will let you know how it works when I get it. From Havels, I bought two pairs of their scissors last summer, they are good!

image.jpg

PS, Kensington, you need this!

Re: Have you seen this?

It looks similar to what I use for scrapbooking. I had wondered how something like my scrapbooking cutting would work for cutting.

Glad you bought it. Can't wait to hear the review.

Comment

Haha! Let me know how it is... bring it to the retreat! We figured out that my shoulder issue is spasms. The muscle over my shoulder blade spasms after I cut fabric for a while. And... of course that rib thing too. But, this time the really bad pain was muscle spasms.

Comment

Kensington, you should try the Martelli rotary cutter. I have severe neck problems and can cut a long time using it...you just have to make sure you hold it correctly to get the benefits of using it.
        pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

Originally posted by bubba View Post
          Kensington, you should try the Martelli rotary cutter. I have severe neck problems and can cut a long time using it...you just have to make sure you hold it correctly to get the benefits of using it.
          I did some research on them, and it seems they break easily. Many complaints on that and the screw filing down the blade some how. Not sure all of it, but it seemed more than I wanted to deal with. My main problem is me, I need to learn I cannot cut fabric for hours and hours with out stopping. This all started about a year and a half ago when I made 9 quilts in less than 5 weeks no precuts. I never had problems before that. I'm learning to break it up... Take a week for a quilt.

Comment

Originally posted by kensington View Post
            This all started about a year and a half ago when I made 9 quilts in less than 5 weeks no precuts.
            WOW!!! That is an amazing amount of work. You must have been sewing all the time. I've learned that I need to rotate between cutting, ironing and sewing. I have to get up & down now and then or I can't move when I try to get up from the sewing machine.

Comment

Originally posted by Simply Quilting View Post
              WOW!!! That is an amazing amount of work. You must have been sewing all the time. I've learned that I need to rotate between cutting, ironing and sewing. I have to get up & down now and then or I can't move when I try to get up from the sewing machine.
              It really was insane. I had not sewn in a long time and dh bought me a nice new Janome, so I decided everyone would get a Quilt for Christmas. I put a rib behind my shoulder out. Now it can still pop out. But, the Muscle spasms are just as painful.

Comment

I saw it in the video and am very interested to hear your review.

Comment

3 of my quilting ladies use that cutter. They love it.
                  sigpic:icon_hug: Iris Girl = April = fabric, Fabric FABRIC!!
                  Time spent with cats is never wasted.
                  Sigmund Freud

Comment

I have one like this, but the "Fiskars" brand and I absolutely love it. I can finally make straight rotary cuts! I think it was around $26.00. found it on Amazon.

Comment

Working...
                    X