Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Input requested.....I even have my big girl panties on!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Input requested.....I even have my big girl panties on!

What do you think of the color distribution in this layout? The three coral pieces will go in the upper right corner, and then there are tidbits to fill in the sides I still have yet to figure out.

All I know is I'm sweating like a pig!

image.jpg

image.jpg
    pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Re: Input requested.....I even have my big girl panties on!

I like it, but the coral one sticks out to me. all the other ones are soft colors. maybe if you have several of the coral ones it will look more even.
    Dolores :lol::icon_heh:

Comment

No can do.....it was made from one entire jelly roll, and that is all I have.
      pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

Comment

It looks pretty even as far as colors go. The coral is more of a saturated color and I think the lighting on your picture makes your colors look a bit washed out. The lower picture has more color to it and I swear I saw an earlier picture someplace of part of this quilt and the color were better in it.
        K is for Karen 😊​..................
        Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
        T - is it TRUE?
        H - is it HELPFUL?
        I - is it INSPIRING?
        N - is it NECESSARY?
        K - is it KIND?

Comment

ok, then, maybe move the very light tan one and put a darker one there so the coral one doesn't look so obvious, and blends better.

Comment

Originally posted by K. McEuen View Post
            It looks pretty even as far as colors go. The coral is more of a saturated color and I think the lighting on your picture makes your colors look a bit washed out. The lower picture has more color to it and I swear I saw an earlier picture someplace of part of this quilt and the color were better in it.
            You are right....this is taken in a different room! Let me turn on the light!

image.jpg
            pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

Comment

that looks better. I think it was just the very light tan beside it that made it stand out to me.

Comment

I like the coral, but you have blue blue blue next to each other... swap that middle one out.

Comment

I'm not certain what blue you mean.....there is a brown and blue next to a blue and blue one....is that what you mean?
                  pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

Comment

I like it, but if it was me, I'd swap the green/pink one with the yellow one to the left of it. It would balance the darker shades a bit I think.
                    I'm not a complete idiot.....some pieces are missing!
                    Lorraine

Comment

I made this pattern and had a time getting a layout I liked too! I ended up making it a rag quilt.

I actually do like your layout though! The fabrics are very pretty.
                      Cathryn

Comment

I kind if think the brighter coral adds interest.... But then, I love bright colors...

Sandy from Cincinnati

AKA Kermit

Comment

Is it possible that you mixed up the triangles in two blue hexagons? It looks like all your hexagons have the same fabric EXCEPT for two blue ones.

Tell me if I'm crazy.
                          Toni ... If I keep sewing long enough, will they make their own dinner?

Comment

I like it and was thinking we should have a Skype section to give advice. lol It was funny reading , no not that one that one. lol
                            🌺 Lorie

Comment

One of the blue ones is the two blues combined. You need 14 hexi's and can only do 13 like ones, then one scrappy one, and the blues went together best. Good eye!
                              pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X