• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jean Sewing Machine
    replied
    Re: Crinkles? Yes! Shrinkage? NOOOO!

Originally posted by Andrea F View Post
    Sorry for the shrinkage but it still looks great! Do you really see that it is too short with the pillows on top?
    I'm going to pile on more pillows to cover up the short end!

Leave a comment:

• Andrea F
    replied

Sorry for the shrinkage but it still looks great! Do you really see that it is too short with the pillows on top?

Leave a comment:

• stationarymom
    replied

it's really pretty.do you know what kind of fabric you used? or what brand had that much shrinkage?

Leave a comment:

• maxwellthecat
    replied

Your quilt is gorgeous

Leave a comment:

• Jean Sewing Machine
    replied

Originally posted by Nidan_07 View Post
    Oh Jean!! That quilt is just so lovely and the quilting is great. I's be so ticked at that shrinkage, too. Is there any chance that you could take the binding off and add another border that you had pre quilted, joined in a quilt as you go method? Just putting forward a suggestion - not that it's a good one. Were the borders quilted right to the edge, or would you have enough room to join them to another border??
    I hope what I am saying makes sense. Just seems such a shame to not have it fit the bed properly, when that was it's intended purpose. It really is lovely.
    That makes sense, it could be done. My borders are not connected quilting wise to the body of the quilt. This is my spare bedroom in the basement, and the quilt was sort of an experiment, so I will probably leave it as it is. But thanks for the suggestion.

Leave a comment:

• SallyO'Sews
    replied

Well, shrunk or not, it's still gorgeous!

Leave a comment:

• bkthomas
    replied

Jean, this is gorgeous!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Nidan_07
    replied

Oh Jean!! That quilt is just so lovely and the quilting is great. I's be so ticked at that shrinkage, too. Is there any chance that you could take the binding off and add another border that you had pre quilted, joined in a quilt as you go method? Just putting forward a suggestion - not that it's a good one. Were the borders quilted right to the edge, or would you have enough room to join them to another border??
    I hope what I am saying makes sense. Just seems such a shame to not have it fit the bed properly, when that was it's intended purpose. It really is lovely.

Leave a comment:

• PeggyM
    replied

Originally posted by easyquilts View Post
    Did you use cold water? I'm so sorry this happened to you.... It must be do duss
    Pointing... But.. You have a beautiful quilt to enjoy.... I will be OK...
    Lol! Would you like me to help you turn off your autocorrect?

Leave a comment:

• easyquilts
    replied

Did you use cold water? I'm so sorry this happened to you.... It must be do duss
    Pointing... But.. You have a beautiful quilt to enjoy.... I will be OK...

Leave a comment:

• PeggyM
    replied

It's so beautiful! So sorry it shrunk.

Leave a comment:

• Jean Sewing Machine
    replied

Originally posted by kensington View Post
    I like it. It looks great. I believe my quilter told me once that quilting alone can take 3-4 inches off of the size of the quilt.
    That is something I did not know. Good information, I will remember that!

Leave a comment:

• kensington
    replied

I like it. It looks great. I believe my quilter told me once that quilting alone can take 3-4 inches off of the size of the quilt.

Leave a comment:

• rebeccas-sewing
    replied

Gosh that's pretty, Jean! A shame about the shrinkage. When my sister makes her bed she pulls her coverlet down to cover the mattress at the foot of the bed. She folds over the bedding at the head of the bed and then the pillows sit on top of the bottom sheet. It looks really pretty. Do you have any crocheted lace in your stash? I intend to take some of the crocheted lace I've inherited and sew it to the top of the sheet so I can fold over the covers the way my sis does so that lace shows. I also want to add some of the lace to the edge of the pillows. I've noticed a lot of stores dress their beds this way. Here's an example of what I'm talking about.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by rebeccas-sewing; March 12, 2014, 12:17 PM.

Leave a comment:

• K. McEuen
    replied

Originally posted by Jean Sewing Machine View Post
    Unfortunately, it didn't cure my ugly feathers!
    Just tell people it was molting.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X