Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Crinkles? Yes! Shrinkage? NOOOO!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16
    Re: Crinkles? Yes! Shrinkage? NOOOO!

    Jean what kind of batting did you use?

    It is still a beautiful quilt!
    Cathryn

    Comment


      #17
      Re: Crinkles? Yes! Shrinkage? NOOOO!

      Originally posted by Cat n bull View Post
      Jean what kind of batting did you use?

      It is still a beautiful quilt!
      I used an 80/20 batting from Hancock. Not Hobbs! Maybe that was the problem! I still think the small stipple contributed to how mch it shrank up. I ironed it, and some of the wrinkles stretched out.

      Comment


        #18
        Re: Crinkles? Yes! Shrinkage? NOOOO!

        I love the quilt. Sorry for the shrinkage. It still looks beautiful.

        Comment


          #19
          Re: Crinkles? Yes! Shrinkage? NOOOO!

          Originally posted by Jean Sewing Machine View Post
          I used an 80/20 batting from Hancock. Not Hobbs! Maybe that was the problem! I still think the small stipple contributed to how mch it shrank up. I ironed it, and some of the wrinkles stretched out.
          If you have any left, might be worth it to test it. Make a few small squares and measure before and after washing. That is a LOT of shrinkage!
          Cathryn

          Comment


            #20
            Re: Crinkles? Yes! Shrinkage? NOOOO!

            Originally posted by Cat n bull View Post
            If you have any left, might be worth it to test it. Make a few small squares and measure before and after washing. That is a LOT of shrinkage!
            Yes, I do have some left. This was Benartex fabric and Kona background. Decent quality fabric. Maybe it was my backing of unknown origin. Live and learn!

            Comment


              #21
              Re: Crinkles? Yes! Shrinkage? NOOOO!

              I love your quilt. You just never know how much they will shrink.
              TODAY IS A GOOD DAY...TO HAVE A GOOD DAY...Genny

              Comment


                #22
                Re: Crinkles? Yes! Shrinkage? NOOOO!

                It's beautiful! Since the back is against the wall, can you pull it forward any to hang longer in the front?

                Note to self when making my Irish chain for my king bed, make it bigger in case it shrinks!
                Thank you,

                Ginny K

                Comment


                  #23
                  Re: Crinkles? Yes! Shrinkage? NOOOO!

                  It turned out beautifully. That is a LOT of shrinking. I don't think I have ever had anything shrink that much, not even flannel. Have fun on your shopping trip.
                  Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

                  Marilyn......
                  sigpic

                  Comment


                    #24
                    Re: Crinkles? Yes! Shrinkage? NOOOO!

                    Well it washed beautifully, love how the quilt looks now. Like others have said that is a lotof shrinkage. I think I've lost 2 - 3 inches before, never as much as 6.
                    K is for Karen 😊​..................
                    Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.


                    Before you speak,
                    T - is it TRUE?
                    H - is it HELPFUL?
                    I - is it INSPIRING?
                    N - is it NECESSARY?
                    K - is it KIND?

                    Comment


                      #25
                      Re: Crinkles? Yes! Shrinkage? NOOOO!

                      Originally posted by K. McEuen View Post
                      Well it washed beautifully, love how the quilt looks now. Like others have said that is a lotof shrinkage. I think I've lost 2 - 3 inches before, never as much as 6.
                      Unfortunately, it didn't cure my ugly feathers!

                      Comment


                        #26
                        Re: Crinkles? Yes! Shrinkage? NOOOO!

                        Originally posted by Jean Sewing Machine View Post
                        Unfortunately, it didn't cure my ugly feathers!
                        Just tell people it was molting.
                        K is for Karen 😊​..................
                        Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.


                        Before you speak,
                        T - is it TRUE?
                        H - is it HELPFUL?
                        I - is it INSPIRING?
                        N - is it NECESSARY?
                        K - is it KIND?

                        Comment


                          #27
                          Re: Crinkles? Yes! Shrinkage? NOOOO!

                          Gosh that's pretty, Jean! A shame about the shrinkage. When my sister makes her bed she pulls her coverlet down to cover the mattress at the foot of the bed. She folds over the bedding at the head of the bed and then the pillows sit on top of the bottom sheet. It looks really pretty. Do you have any crocheted lace in your stash? I intend to take some of the crocheted lace I've inherited and sew it to the top of the sheet so I can fold over the covers the way my sis does so that lace shows. I also want to add some of the lace to the edge of the pillows. I've noticed a lot of stores dress their beds this way. Here's an example of what I'm talking about.
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by rebeccas-sewing; March 12, 2014, 12:17 PM.
                          Goodbye Europe! Hello California! Home sweet home.

                          Comment


                            #28
                            Re: Crinkles? Yes! Shrinkage? NOOOO!

                            I like it. It looks great. I believe my quilter told me once that quilting alone can take 3-4 inches off of the size of the quilt.

                            Comment


                              #29
                              Re: Crinkles? Yes! Shrinkage? NOOOO!

                              Originally posted by kensington View Post
                              I like it. It looks great. I believe my quilter told me once that quilting alone can take 3-4 inches off of the size of the quilt.
                              That is something I did not know. Good information, I will remember that!

                              Comment


                                #30
                                Re: Crinkles? Yes! Shrinkage? NOOOO!

                                It's so beautiful! So sorry it shrunk.
                                My friends call me Peggy
                                The government calls me Mary Margaret

                                Proverbs 13:22 A good person leaves an inheritance for their children’s children.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X