X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Preeti
    replied
    Re: Not very happy

Try arranging the blocks such that similar colors run in a diagonal pattern. So if blue is first block in the top row, make it the second block in the second row and so on. It will provide a method to the madness.

Leave a comment:

• CountryHut
    replied

- if you want sashing -- try a real bright yellow - that might make the other colors POP . . JMO

Leave a comment:

• soul60s
    replied

It's hard because not only do you have to balance out the solid blocks but you have to make sure your centers are evenly distributed. My eye keeps going to blocks that are side by side with the same centers. I love the blocks both with and without the sashing. Seems the one without has a more geometric look to it. I might like that one a hair more. The colors seem bolder. I think what everyone said about light and darks is right but no one mentioned centers.

Leave a comment:

• Hawaii Roxy
    replied

And to those who would like to come COME ON!!!! I have no kids left at home now so plenty of room we can get our quilt on!!!! WOOOHOOO Yup thats right NO KIDS Josh left last month hes back in Ks with his older brother and I kinda like not havin his drama and fighting butt here hahahaha! its sooooo quiet!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Hawaii Roxy
    replied

Originally posted by mspepper View Post
    I know this is going to sound weird, it looks to "blocky" to me. sorry, that is the only word I can think of and can't really explain it.
    I AGREE!!!!! but meh it is what it is Im sewing the blocks together no sashing as everybody suggested its sold so im ok with it

Leave a comment:

• K. McEuen
    replied

Originally posted by MomGram View Post
    I'd love to jump on a plane and head your way.
    I know, right?

Leave a comment:

• mspepper
    replied

I know this is going to sound weird, it looks to "blocky" to me. sorry, that is the only word I can think of and can't really explain it.

Leave a comment:

• MomGram
    replied

Originally posted by Hawaii Roxy View Post
    Ok no sashing I agree with everybody so I will go mix it up and repost another pic soon Thanks sooo much yall! Oh and if anybody would like to come to my house and help me that be greeeeat! Just sayin lol
    I'd love to jump on a plane and head your way.

Leave a comment:

• Hawaii Roxy
    replied

Ok no sashing I agree with everybody so I will go mix it up and repost another pic soon Thanks sooo much yall! Oh and if anybody would like to come to my house and help me that be greeeeat! Just sayin lol

Leave a comment:

• Genny
    replied

Originally posted by Nidan_07 View Post
    Mix the colours up a bit more, and spread the lights and darks out as evenly as you can......you're gonna scream at me now, aren't you?

Perhaps you could number the blocks and places like a graph, and we could have a game of 'quilter's twister'......"block number 6 to A3".......LOL!
    I agree to just mix the lights and darks more. As for the sash I like with or without the sash.

Leave a comment:

• K. McEuen
    replied

The blocks are gorgeous. Mix ' em up! No sashing, no matching colors in rows. Let the fabrics play off of each other.

Leave a comment:

• Simply Quilting
    replied

I think the blocks themselves are beautiful. But agree with everyone else that the color balance is out. This can be one of the hardest parts of putting a quilt together is balancing out the colors. Slokarma has a great suggestion of using black and white picture to help see the lights and darks placed in the quilt.

I'm looking forward to seeing you finished quilt.

Leave a comment:

• BobW
    replied

First of all this is a really pretty group of blocks. It will end up being a really pretty top. I think the second arrangement is much better than the first, but I would probably go more for a random arrangement with the colors, trying not to have the same color touching. I think the top looks more vibrant without the sashing, and I usually prefer sashing. Maybe a different color if you really want the sashing.

But please know this is only my opinion, that and $2 will get you a soda in most convenience stores (but I wouldn't go in without the $2, LOL)

Leave a comment:

• Slokarma
    replied

Change the picture setting to black and white and you will be able to see another way to placing your blocks. I think I prefer no sashing or at least something darker than white.

Leave a comment:

• songbird857
    replied

Originally posted by stationarymom View Post
    i'm no expert but it looks like you have most of the lights to 1 side and the darks to the other was this by design? i also think i like it without the sashing.
    ditto what Joan said That was my first thought when I saw the pic - most of the lights are on the left

........aaaaand of course I didn't read enough posts to see that you posted another layout pic - scatter your lights throughout and it will be a beauty
    Last edited by songbird857; March 11, 2014, 07:15 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X