Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not very happy

squarein square.jpg

WEll here is my square in square layout ,its not sewn together yet but I really am not happy with it. I dunno if its the fabric I used or what. So looking for feedback what do yall think?

Re: Not very happy

I think I like it better without the sashing. The jewel tones touching each other make it look more rich to me.

I still need to take a few more pics of the turtle fabric. I didn't forget
    🌺 Lorie

Comment

i'm no expert but it looks like you have most of the lights to 1 side and the darks to the other was this by design? i also think i like it without the sashing.
      :icon_wave:Joan

Comment

Originally posted by Hulamoon View Post
        I think I like it better without the sashing. The jewel tones touching each other make it look more rich to me.

I still need to take a few more pics of the turtle fabric. I didn't forget
        Yea, something doesn't feel right about the sashing. I think its the one's where there isn't enough contrast between the sashing and the block.
        Also, try rearranging them some. It feels unbalanced somehow. Like Stationarymom say's it looks like you've got lights and darks segregated on opposing sides. Mixing it up might help.

Comment

Hiya Roxy, I think you're being way to hard on yourself. I think the fabrics are great, and love the rich tones.
          Here's what I reckon.....I personally wouldn't sash, and just move the blocks around a little. Swap a few of the darker blocks on the right over to the other side, then stand back and have a look. If you're not happy, move a few more....that would be the way I'd do it. Gives a much better overview than picking them all up and starting again.
          Hope this helps. BTW did you post pics of my little turtle buddies with their borders on?
          HUGS,
          Lenore

"I'm not crazy. My Mother had me tested." (Dr Sheldon Cooper)

Comment

Originally posted by Nidan_07 View Post
            Hiya Roxy, I think you're being way to hard on yourself. I think the fabrics are great, and love the rich tones.
            Here's what I reckon.....I personally wouldn't sash, and just move the blocks around a little. Swap a few of the darker blocks on the right over to the other side, then stand back and have a look. If you're not happy, move a few more....that would be the way I'd do it. Gives a much better overview than picking them all up and starting again.
            Hope this helps. BTW did you post pics of my little turtle buddies with their borders on?
            I will answer for her Lenore......she put that one aside for now.
            ~Kathy~

Comment

How bout this ?? square 2.jpg

Comment

lol nooo not yet I folded it up and set it aside I will post as soon as I do tho I promise This one Im doing now is already sold!!! I want it to be perfect

Comment

Originally posted by Hawaii Roxy View Post
                  How bout this ?? [ATTACH=CONFIG]70428[/ATTACH]
                  With the sashing you get a less intense overall effect. I prefer with the sashing and all the colours mixed up. I'd then border it with my favourite fabric from the selection you've used and trim it with the sashing.

Comment

Mix the colours up a bit more, and spread the lights and darks out as evenly as you can......you're gonna scream at me now, aren't you?

Perhaps you could number the blocks and places like a graph, and we could have a game of 'quilter's twister'......"block number 6 to A3".......LOL!
                    HUGS,
                    Lenore

"I'm not crazy. My Mother had me tested." (Dr Sheldon Cooper)

Comment

Mix the colours up a bit more, and spread the lights and darks out as evenly as you can......you're gonna scream at me now, aren't you?

Perhaps you could number the blocks and places like a graph, and we could have a game of 'quilter's twister'......"block number 6 to A3".......LOL!
                      lmao your awesome!! I love it but I think Ill pass on the whole quilt twister thing

Comment

My first thought was that the darks are all to the right, too. I think if you mix them up a little you might be happier. Other than that, I think it's a beautiful quilt!
                        Donna

Comment

I like it! I love the bright colors and I prefer it without sashing. Don't be so hard on yourself, it's going to be a great quilt!
                          Shirley :icon_bigsmile:

Comment

Originally posted by Hawaii Roxy View Post
                            How bout this ?? [ATTACH=CONFIG]70428[/ATTACH]
                            No. I would mix them up and no sashing
                            "Never stop believing that fighting for what is right is worth it"
                            Hillary Clinton

Comment

Originally posted by stationarymom View Post
                              i'm no expert but it looks like you have most of the lights to 1 side and the darks to the other was this by design? i also think i like it without the sashing.
                              ditto what Joan said That was my first thought when I saw the pic - most of the lights are on the left

........aaaaand of course I didn't read enough posts to see that you posted another layout pic - scatter your lights throughout and it will be a beauty
                              Last edited by songbird857; March 11, 2014, 07:15 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X