More irish Chains

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More irish Chains

I think I finally have made enough of these for a while!

Borders still needed on the green one!

image.jpgimage.jpg

Used Tea House by Benartex, with machine embroidered butterflies in the cream spaces. Can't exactly figure out how to quilt this, i think I'll echo quilt around the butterflies and don't know what in the chain blocks. Think I'll be adventurous and try a feather border.

image.jpg
    Used Stonehenge and Robert Kaufman greens, Eleanor Burns method for making the tripke Irish Chain. This one still needs borders. Think I'll do circle feathers for the large white areas, and who knows what in the chain blocks.

Re: More irish Chains

They are beautiful! I think the Irish chain is my favorite pattern.
    My friends call me Peggy
    The government calls me Mary Margaret

Proverbs 13:22 A good person leaves an inheritance for their children’s children.

Comment

I love both of these, especially the green triple - the shading really gives it a lot of movement!

Comment

Beautiful! I had to sit back a bit for the green one. I thought my eyes were playing tricks on me. Wonderful fabric choices.
        🌺 Lorie

Comment

I too love the Irish Chain. I have a vision of doing one using some Fairy Frost fabric with a silver/gray as the background fabric. Yours are beautiful, thank you for sharing.
          Vicki C:icon_hi:

Comment

Beautiful!!!!!
            ~Kathy~

Comment

Both are beautiful. Such a versatile pattern. Something we can easily make our own.
              Karen
              Life is short - Live everyday to the fullest

Comment

Isn't it weird how the triple irish chain makes it look like the camera is out of focus when it isn't. The same thing happened with one I made for my daughter.

I have been wanting to do an Irish Chain with embroidered blocks in between. It looks like you either did that, or fussy cut a design for those blocks.
                Joyce "She who dies with the most fabric wins!!"

Comment

Originally posted by madampolo View Post
                  Isn't it weird how the triple irish chain makes it look like the camera is out of focus when it isn't. The same thing happened with one I made for my daughter.

I have been wanting to do an Irish Chain with embroidered blocks in between. It looks like you either did that, or fussy cut a design for those blocks.
                  They are embroidered. The pattern is for quilting a sandwiched quilt, I am so chicken to try it. My machine is 12 years old and sometimes problematic, but I used the Organ Titanium needles, and I didn't have any trouble at all. One day I'll get up the nerve to try quilting with the embroidery machine!

Comment

Rebecca gave me the link to Eleanor Burns method of doing the triple Irish Chain. Her method is so good! Strip piecing the block with 49 squares in it! I would never have been able to do those right without her techniques!

http://www.quiltinaday.com/theater/scraps/scraps12.html
                    Last edited by Jean Sewing Machine; March 9, 2014, 07:24 PM.

Comment

they are both gorgeous! I really love the Irish chain - I think it is moving up the list....
                      Lisa

M*QC forum is full of the best people!

I'm not just buying fabric, I am supporting the economy...

A bad day in the sewing room is better than a good day at the office.

Comment

Originally posted by AuntieVic View Post
                        I too love the Irish Chain. I have a vision of doing one using some Fairy Frost fabric with a silver/gray as the background fabric. Yours are beautiful, thank you for sharing.
                        I love Fairy Frost! That will be beautiful!

Comment

Beautiful. I should do another irish chain. It is one of my favorite patterns.
                          Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
                          sigpic

Comment

Both quilts are lovely but the green one is especially stunning.

Comment

WOW, I can't quit looking at that green Irish chain. The effect is stunning. Both quilts are lovely. Thanks for the link to the pattern, I have to put that on the to do list.

Comment

Working...
                              X