Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Disappearing Pinwheel-want to throw it out the window?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Disappearing Pinwheel-want to throw it out the window?

WHY?? do I do this? After taking 9 months off from quilting (moved, etc), I jump back in and start the Disappearing Pinwheel. I mean if you think about it, I have been quilting for a year and a half, I should be able to do this. However, one might think I would want to know how to do a pinwheel first but noooooooo, that would make it too easy.

This puppy isn't easy. My biggest suggestion to anyone who is going to try this is to make sure you have extra material cause YOU WILL CUT THE BLOCK WRONG (even after you get the hang of it and think you are above such things).

I have the fabric for the border and the back but at the moment, I am pretty sick of this quilt. I can't even think of doing little pinwheels on the border. If and when I finish this, it's getting a simple little border.

Geesshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, I think I want something easy for my next quilt. NO pinwheels, No cutting in equal thirds, no matching points (cause well, that was really a fail on this quilt). Hmmm, sounds like my next quilt might be a blanket! LOL
    IMG_--0519.jpg

Re: Disappearing Pinwheel-want to throw it out the window?

I think it looks really nice, don't be to hard on yourself we all have that one quilt

Comment

Hey, it's very pretty so far!
      K is for Karen 😊​..................
      Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
      T - is it TRUE?
      H - is it HELPFUL?
      I - is it INSPIRING?
      N - is it NECESSARY?
      K - is it KIND?

Comment

Looks wonderful! Keep in mind we are always our own worst critics.
        Beth

Procrastinate. It frees up time to quilt!

Comment

I think it is very cute...I like it!

Comment

I think it's pretty, but if you want to finish it and be done (!), you could border it with a solid instead of making all those pinwheels.
            It still would be lovely.

Comment

I was just going to suggest the same as happygram. You may have hated doing the quilt (I just finished my quilt top from h*ll) but it looks beautiful and I know you will be glad you made it once it's finished.
              It's all fun and games until the bobbin runs out.

Comment

It really is gorgeous though, quite serene really
                Finished is way better than perfect! :icon_bigsmile:

Comment

Awww....poor Vicky, I feel for you....you are not the only one that had trouble with this one. That may not make you feel better, but it looks wonderful! I like it very much!!!!
                  ~Kathy~

Comment

I think you are being way to hard on yourself. That quilt looks great. Maybe step away for a few days and then do the border you wanted.

Comment

I think your quilt is very nice looking, your color choices compliment thepattern. I hope you finish it.
                      If you could choose to be anything choose kindness.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
                      http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

Comment

I think it looks really nice. I have not tried this one yet. It is on my to do list. I think despite all the trials yours has turned out really well.
                        HUGS,
                        Lenore

"I'm not crazy. My Mother had me tested." (Dr Sheldon Cooper)

Comment

Great job! My pinwheels looked OK till I sewed them together. That didn't go very well. Oh well, it was a practice piece!

Comment

I love what you've done so far! Beautiful!

Comment

I love the colors and I don't see any mistakes. Whoever receives it will be happy and grateful.
                              Come on, if we did not make mistakes, how would we learn???
                              Preeti
                              http://sewpreetiquilts.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X